[Scilab-users] guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Blaise Blaise

[Scilab-users] guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Hello guys,

Recently I tried to create a GUI in scilab using guibuilder. I could save
and run the GUI, but the problem occured when I was going to open the GUI
via guibuilder to make some changes. I got a message:

operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
empty matrix result.
operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
empty matrix result.

What I found until now is (unfortunately) a not working solution on this
site (comment lines): https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/guibuilder.

My OS is Windows 10 Home (x64). My scilab version is 6.0.0 (x64).

So far I have tried to solve this problem in the following ways:
1. Install guibuilder with tools -> atoms manager.
2. Console -> atomsUpdate('guibuilder').
3. Console -> atomsInstall(["guibuilder" "4.1"]).
4. Delete the scilab\contrib\archieves folder and install guibuilder again.
5. Download guibuilder-4.1-bin.zip file and manually place it in
scilab\contrib\archieves.
6. Install the x32 version and try the above ways.

Every method i tried to install the guibuilder says that version 4.1 was
installed, but when I launch the builder it shows 4.0.1.

I would be really grateful for your help.

Cheers

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Hello Blaise,

Le 29/11/2017 à 21:39, Blaise a écrit :

> Hello guys,
>
> Recently I tried to create a GUI in scilab using guibuilder. I could save
> and run the GUI, but the problem occured when I was going to open the GUI
> via guibuilder to make some changes. I got a message:
>
> operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.
> operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.

Yes, this is reported here:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/guibuilder#comment2836
You may reply to this ATOMS comment to stress the authors about this issue.
You can also enter
--> warning stop
before using the module. This will yield an error message (instead of a
simple warning) indicating the script and the line number where the
issue is located.
Then, you can edit and fix the right script yourself, if the authors do
not do it quickly.

HTH
Samuel Gougeon

Blaise Blaise

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Hello Samuel,
thank you for your reply.

Due to an register issue I couldn't comment on ATOMS site, so I will try
later.
Following your advice I've tried to enter /warning stop/ in the console
window, but nothing changed. The warning message still appears, and the
error message doesn't, so I can't find the faulty script. Searching on my
own I found in macros a open_existing_gui.bin file, but everything seems
fine here.

Am I doing something wrong with /warning stop/?

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Le 29/11/2017 à 21:39, Blaise a écrit :

> Hello guys,
>
> Recently I tried to create a GUI in scilab using guibuilder. I could save
> and run the GUI, but the problem occured when I was going to open the GUI
> via guibuilder to make some changes. I got a message:
>
> operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.
> operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an
> empty matrix result.

I have installed this module with Scilab 6.0.0+ for Window_x64 without
any issue,
including the call to
--> guibuilder
with no warning. So, these warnings and the final error occur when
opening the actual GUI
that you have created. It is hard to reproduce and help debugging
without the actual GUI's file.

> What I found until now is (unfortunately) a not working solution on this
> site (comment lines): https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/guibuilder.
>
> My OS is Windows 10 Home (x64). My scilab version is 6.0.0 (x64).
>
> So far I have tried to solve this problem in the following ways:
> 1. Install guibuilder with tools -> atoms manager.
> 2. Console -> atomsUpdate('guibuilder').
> 3. Console -> atomsInstall(["guibuilder" "4.1"]).
> 4. Delete the scilab\contrib\archieves folder and install guibuilder again.
> 5. Download guibuilder-4.1-bin.zip file and manually place it in
> scilab\contrib\archieves.
> 6. Install the x32 version and try the above ways.
>
> Every method i tried to install the guibuilder says that version 4.1 was
> installed, but when I launch the builder it shows 4.0.1.

I get as well this "4.0.1" in the title of the GUI. I think authors have
just forgotten to update it,
but the version is actually the 4.1 one. I would not take care about this.

Blaise Blaise

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

The warning occurs no matter what gui file i try to open. I can create a new
gui, I can save it, I can run it, but I cannot open it to add changes.

> It is hard to reproduce and help debugging without the actual GUI's file.

This is an example of a gui file I created with my guibuilder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c8OoHmNSgC8-lNkBkkITUnC99EPj44hV
There should be only a button called "Test" which displays in the console a
message 'test'.

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

hi,

could you try to look into the guibuilder module folder, and check the following:
1. the subfolder of the guibuilder, is it 4.0.1 or 4.1?
2. going into the folder, and click on the readme.txt, check whether it looks like following:

*************
GUI Builder is a Graphic User Interface Builder  under Scilab.

The program allows you to build your GUI quickly, and the code for the gui would be generated automatically.

Version 4.1 (5 May 2017) by Tan CL
1. Bug Fix : Fix the issue of error during reloading the generated GUI

Version 4.0.1 (21 Feb 2017) by Tan CL
1. Bug Fix : Fix the issue of axes not shown on generated GUI
2. Bug Fix : Changes on folder version name and some descriptions updates
*************

Thanks.

rgds,
Chin Luh (Tan CL)

Blaise Blaise

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

hello,

> could you try to look into the guibuilder module folder, and check the
> following:
> 1. the subfolder of the guibuilder, is it 4.0.1 or 4.1?
> 2. going into the folder, and click on the readme.txt, check whether it
> looks like following:

1. 4.1.
2. It shows what you wrote.

In the meantime I saw your new guibuilder 4.2 release, so I downloaded it
and put it in the contrib folder manually due to the fact, that
atomsInstall('guibuilder') installs the 4.1 version.
The new guibuilder pallete window is named 4.2 now.
When I try to open a gui file, the warnings actually do not show, but the
loaded gui window either. Just the objects are loaded, but it was also
happening on the 4.1 version.

I do not suppose it is a problem with my computer, since I tried to reload a
gui file on another one too (but on the 4.1 guibuilder version) and the
result was the same.

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Hi,

I tried your gui-test.sce by guibuilder('gui-test.sce'), and it seems to
be alright. In fact the previous warning does not harm this as well. The
4.2 is just to update the version number shown and get rid of the
annoying but un-harmful warning.

It will be great if you could record the video on what is happening,
then i should give me some clues on what is happening.

Thanks.

rgds,
Chin Luh

Blaise Blaise

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Hello,

> It will be great if you could record the video on what is happening,
> then i should give me some clues on what is happening.

This is the record of the issue:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14rL8UsC3pdSM7dBV1StkDVSRVwIW3qE3

Cheers

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

please try the latest 4.2.1.
thanks

rgds,
CL

On 1/12/2017 10:22 PM, Blaise wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> It will be great if you could record the video on what is happening,
>> then i should give me some clues on what is happening.
> This is the record of the issue:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=14rL8UsC3pdSM7dBV1StkDVSRVwIW3qE3
>
> Cheers

Blaise Blaise

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Yes! Now it works perfectly!
Thank you for helping me guys.

Tan Chin Luh-2 Tan Chin Luh-2

Re: guibuilder 4.1/4.0.1 reload problem

Thanks for reporting the bug, and also thanks Samuel for helping in
debugging this issue.

rgds,
CL