[Scilab-users] metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

[Scilab-users] metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Hi,

is there any metanet user here ? I would like to install metanet in
scilab 6.0.1, I tried to compile master branch from scilab-forge but it
fails , see :

http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/metanet/issues/1772/#preview

metanet has been bugged from a long time but problems where solved
recently in scilab 5.5.*  so it's a shame to see it again bugged :-\

Best regards,

Philippe

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Le 21/09/2018 à 14:27, philippe a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> is there any metanet user here ? I would like to install metanet in
> scilab 6.0.1, I tried to compile master branch from scilab-forge but it
> fails , see :
>
> https://antispam.utc.fr/proxy/1/c3RlcGhhbmUubW90dGVsZXRAdXRjLmZy/forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/metanet/issues/1772/#preview
>
> metanet has been bugged from a long time but problems where solved
> recently in scilab 5.5.*  so it's a shame to see it again bugged :-\
>
> Best regards,
>
> Philippe

Hello Philippe,

After looking at the final lines of the log, I have the feeling that the
low-level gateway still uses the stack. This could explains why it does
not compile with Scilab 6.0.1.

Le 21/09/2018 à 14:31, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

> After looking at the final lines of the log, I have the feeling that the
> low-level gateway still uses the stack. This could explains why it does
> not compile with Scilab 6.0.1.

yes that's what I get, all fortran files in :

metanet-master/sci_gateway/fortran/

have the line :  include 'stack.h'

but the toolbox call sci_malloc.h  in many other files, which the new
api for scilab6 (introduced since scilab 5.3?).

So do you think that removing  the line "include 'stack.h' " from all
*.f files while solve the problem ?

Best regards

Philippe

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Le 21/09/2018 à 16:54, philippe a écrit :

> Le 21/09/2018 à 14:31, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>> After looking at the final lines of the log, I have the feeling that the
>> low-level gateway still uses the stack. This could explains why it does
>> not compile with Scilab 6.0.1.
> yes that's what I get, all fortran files in :
>
> metanet-master/sci_gateway/fortran/
>
> have the line :  include 'stack.h'
>
> but the toolbox call sci_malloc.h  in many other files, which the new
> api for scilab6 (introduced since scilab 5.3?).
>
> So do you think that removing  the line "include 'stack.h' " from all
> *.f files while solve the problem ?
No. Fortran gateways disappeared with Scilab 6....

S.

> Best regards
>
> Philippe

Arvid Rosén Arvid Rosén

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

I use the NARVAL package in scilab 6. I think it is basically the same as the old metanet stuff. It is not supported directly though, and I believe I had to do some hacking to get it working.

Cheers,
Arvid

--
Arvid Rosén
VP Research & Development

m: +46 73 25 12347
p: + 46 13 21 16 23
softube.com

On 2018-09-21, 16:54, "users on behalf of philippe" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Le 21/09/2018 à 14:31, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

    > After looking at the final lines of the log, I have the feeling that the
    > low-level gateway still uses the stack. This could explains why it does
    > not compile with Scilab 6.0.1.

    yes that's what I get, all fortran files in :

    metanet-master/sci_gateway/fortran/

    have the line :  include 'stack.h'

    but the toolbox call sci_malloc.h  in many other files, which the new
    api for scilab6 (introduced since scilab 5.3?).

    So do you think that removing  the line "include 'stack.h' " from all
    *.f files while solve the problem ?

    Best regards

    Philippe

amonmayr amonmayr

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Le 21/09/2018 à 17:12, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

> Le 21/09/2018 à 16:54, philippe a écrit :
>> Le 21/09/2018 à 14:31, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>>> After looking at the final lines of the log, I have the feeling that
>>> the
>>> low-level gateway still uses the stack. This could explains why it does
>>> not compile with Scilab 6.0.1.
>> yes that's what I get, all fortran files in :
>>
>> metanet-master/sci_gateway/fortran/
>>
>> have the line :  include 'stack.h'
>>
>> but the toolbox call sci_malloc.h  in many other files, which the new
>> api for scilab6 (introduced since scilab 5.3?).
>>
>> So do you think that removing  the line "include 'stack.h' " from all
>> *.f files while solve the problem ?
> No. Fortran gateways disappeared with Scilab 6....
You mean Fortran gateways are no longer supported in 6.x?
Is there any plan to reintroduce this feature?

Antoine

> S.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Philippe

  Antoine Monmayrant LAAS - CNRS
  7 avenue du Colonel Roche
  BP 54200
  31031 TOULOUSE Cedex 4
  FRANCE

  Tel:+33 5 61 33 64 59

  email : [hidden email]
  permanent email : [hidden email]

Le 24/09/2018 à 11:20, Arvid Rosén a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I use the NARVAL package in scilab 6. I think it is basically the same as the old metanet stuff. It is not supported directly though, and I believe I had to do some hacking to get it working.

Yes I remember a presentation of NARVAL, but I would like to refactorize
a lot of old scilab code created with  metanet for scilab4. This is
possible with few work with a new version of metanet, but not with NARVAL.

Best regards,

Philippe.

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Le 24/09/2018 à 13:41, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Le 21/09/2018 à 17:12, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
>>> yes that's what I get, all fortran files in :
>>>
>>> metanet-master/sci_gateway/fortran/
>>>
>>> have the line :  include 'stack.h'
>>>
>>> but the toolbox call sci_malloc.h  in many other files, which the new
>>> api for scilab6 (introduced since scilab 5.3?).
>>>
>>> So do you think that removing  the line "include 'stack.h' " from all
>>> *.f files while solve the problem ?
>> No. Fortran gateways disappeared with Scilab 6....
> You mean Fortran gateways are no longer supported in 6.x?
> Is there any plan to reintroduce this feature?
No. The "stack" is definitively gone. However, this is just a gateway
problem. You can still use Fortran code, and actually there are a lot of
Scilab functions which still rely on sources written in this language
BUT gateways have to be coded with the "new Scilab API", either the
"transitionnal" C API which appeared with Scilab 5.2.0, and preferably
the new  C++ API of Scilab 6. But I know that migrating API for a stuff
like Metanet is not an easy task.  As far as I am concerned, I have to
rewrite the gateway for the FSQP optimization code of A. Tits and until
now I didn't write one line of code...

S.

> Antoine
>>
>> S.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Philippe

Arvid Rosén Arvid Rosén

Re: metanet for scilab 6.0.1 ?

Yeah, I know the pain. We had to do exactly that when metanet was dropped from being part of scilab. Actually, it wasn’t quite as bad as I first thought, but NARVAL changed a couple of times initially, which was annoying. However, the functionality (that we use) is exactly the same as metanat.

Cheers,
Arvid

--
Arvid Rosén
VP Research and Development

Softube AB
S:t Larsgatan 9D
S-582 24 Linköping
Sweden

Phone: (+46) 13 21 16 23

Le 26/09/2018 à 17:11, Arvid Rosén a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Yeah, I know the pain. We had to do exactly that when metanet was
> dropped from being part of scilab. Actually, it wasn’t quite as bad as I
> first thought, but NARVAL changed a couple of times initially, which was
> annoying. However, the functionality (that we use) is exactly the same
> as metanat.

there was another solution : using scicoslab to run old metanet code! Up
to 2014 it worked for me . Please don't kill me !

Philippe