[Scilab-users] mgetl -> diffrent number of lines

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

[Scilab-users] mgetl -> diffrent number of lines

Dear All

I spent some time in finding a mistake in my code ; I finally noticed where the issue comes from …

I’m reading a text file and if I use the windows release instead of the linux one, the number of lines is different, even if I use “dos2unix” tool: any idea of the origin?

Thanks

Paul

EXPORT CONTROL :
Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques
This email does not contain technical data

David Chèze David Chèze

Re: mgetl -> diffrent number of lines

The line endings codes may change the behavior of such text import routines.

Le 15/10/2018 à 12:40, Carrico, Paul a écrit :

Dear All

I spent some time in finding a mistake in my code ; I finally noticed where the issue comes from …

I’m reading a text file and if I use the windows release instead of the linux one, the number of lines is different, even if I use “dos2unix” tool: any idea of the origin?

Hello Paul,

This is/was a known issue, for which a complementary fix was included in Scilab 6.0 branch 3 days ago!
https://codereview.scilab.org/20547
So, you shall instal a 6.0 "nightly" built
http://www.scilab.org/en/development/nightly_builds/branch60
after it will be actually rebuilt after Oct 12, 2018 4:44 PM
(please check the date of the NB sources. It looks OK for the instantaneous build:
https://build.scilab.org/view/Scilab%206.0/job/scilab-6.0-windows-64/3811/)
and try with it.

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

Antoine Monmayrant Antoine Monmayrant

Le 16/10/2018 à 10:11, Carrico, Paul a écrit :
Unfortunately Scilab crashes now with my ascii file ... the developers can contact me to get the later one + the log file generated by Scilab if they are interested by
Can you share this ascii file or not?
If you can, do you think you could fill a bug report with it?
If not, do you think you could find an equivalent ascii (ie that crashed scilab while not containing sensitive data)?

Cheers,

Antoine

Paul

EXPORT CONTROL :
Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques
This email does not contain technical data

Le 15/10/2018 à 12:40, Carrico, Paul a écrit :
Dear All

I spent some time in finding a mistake in my code ; I finally noticed where the issue comes from ...

I'm reading a text file and if I use the windows release instead of the linux one, the number of lines is different, even if I use "dos2unix" tool: any idea of the origin?

Hello Paul,

This is/was a known issue, for which a complementary fix was included in Scilab 6.0 branch 3 days ago!
https://codereview.scilab.org/20547<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__codereview.scilab.org_20547&d=DwMD-g&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=4TCz--8bXfJhZZvIxJAemAJyz7Vfx78XvgYu3LN7eLo&m=B3nytoPZbARhep7s1mDLyMLJzgPSeDI9yc21MvUBZvY&s=bspdOMjDRnE-f93U2_v_K6cwWNoMO-E8MTC05CyzRt0&e=>
So, you shall instal a 6.0 "nightly" built
http://www.scilab.org/en/development/nightly_builds/branch60<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.scilab.org_en_development_nightly-5Fbuilds_branch60&d=DwMD-g&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=4TCz--8bXfJhZZvIxJAemAJyz7Vfx78XvgYu3LN7eLo&m=B3nytoPZbARhep7s1mDLyMLJzgPSeDI9yc21MvUBZvY&s=1auJTq1q3Ov-GZyqZTjMdMWeuVKozfyXXFfMaN7mzfM&e=>
after it will be actually rebuilt after Oct 12, 2018 4:44 PM
(please check the date of the NB sources. It looks OK for the instantaneous build:
https://build.scilab.org/view/Scilab%206.0/job/scilab-6.0-windows-64/3811/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__build.scilab.org_view_Scilab-25206.0_job_scilab-2D6.0-2Dwindows-2D64_3811_&d=DwMD-g&c=0hKVUfnuoBozYN8UvxPA-w&r=4TCz--8bXfJhZZvIxJAemAJyz7Vfx78XvgYu3LN7eLo&m=B3nytoPZbARhep7s1mDLyMLJzgPSeDI9yc21MvUBZvY&s=4RTepZlMWf5V58EwiVJutg4t7uIH8_O1XZS-qcmP_DQ&e=>)
and try with it.