[Scilab-users] (no subject)

Ibitoru Dick Ibitoru Dick

[Scilab-users] (no subject)

please what is the advantage of SCILAB over MATLAB

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

> please what is the advantage of SCILAB over MATLAB

similar answer to

You might have some elements in
Alan Edelman, /Open Source and Traditional Technical Computing/

http://www.scilab.org/content/download/395/2850/file/ScilabTec_Keynote.pdf

Stanislav Stanislav

Re: (no subject)

Hi.

1) The cost of Scilab.
2) Scilab allow working in Windows and GNU/Linux simultaneously (for me it is the biggest advantage). If alphabet of your language is larger than ASCII, then you will appreciate it. Matlab is cross-platform but codepage is its weak point.

Stanislav

25.11.2013 20:34, Ibitoru Dick пишет:
please what is the advantage of SCILAB over MATLAB

papriwalprateek papriwalprateek

Re: (no subject)

Hi,

Check out http://daqwest.com/quests/207/search?search=SCILAB%20over%20MATLAB. Here u can get the related mails, as well as questions from stackoverflow.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Станислав <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

1) The cost of Scilab.
2) Scilab allow working in Windows and GNU/Linux simultaneously (for me it is the biggest advantage). If alphabet of your language is larger than ASCII, then you will appreciate it. Matlab is cross-platform but codepage is its weak point.

Stanislav

25.11.2013 20:34, Ibitoru Dick пишет:
please what is the advantage of SCILAB over MATLAB

Thanks and Regards
Prateek Papriwal
B.Tech, Electrical
IIT Delhi