[Scilab-users] quaternion

Iai Iai

[Scilab-users] quaternion

Does Scilab provide quaternion operations like multiplication, division,
inverse, conjugate etc? Does any module have it?  (I know I can write
functions by myself. But want to know if it's available.)

Thanks,
Iai

Alain LAMY Alain LAMY

Re: quaternion

Hello,

There are quaternion operations in CelestLab:
http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/celestlab

You may also have a look at the help pages (cookbook) that provide
some examples.

Alain

Re: quaternion

Thanks for reply. But it seems CelestLab uses the quaternions
specifically for coordinate transformation. I don't find even the
multiplication of quaternions.

Any other suggestions?

Iai

(2014/03/11 23:48), Lamy Alain wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are quaternion operations in CelestLab:
> http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/celestlab
>
> You may also have a look at the help pages (cookbook) that provide
> some examples.
>

> Alain

Alain LAMY Alain LAMY

Re: quaternion

Multiplication, division, inverse...
CelestLab contains all these operations.

There is a short description in the help page:
CelestLab >> - Introduction - > Usage and conventions > Data types

For instance:
You can create quaternions by using the functions CL_rot_defQuat, CL_rot_angles2Quat ...
q1 = ...
q2 = ...
then multiply the quaternions :
q = q1 * q2

Alain

Thanks for reply. But it seems CelestLab uses the quaternions specifically for coordinate transformation. I don't find even the multiplication of quaternions.

Any other suggestions?

Iai

(2014/03/11 23:48), Lamy Alain wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are quaternion operations in CelestLab:
> http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/celestlab
>
> You may also have a look at the help pages (cookbook) that provide
> some examples.
>

> Alain

Iai Iai

Re: quaternion

Thanks, Alain. I only looked though the list of funtions.

Iai