[Scilab-users] scicv - CV_FOURCC

der_Phil der_Phil

[Scilab-users] scicv - CV_FOURCC

Dear ,

from the scicv toolbox I use the new_VideoWriter - function:
videoWriter = new_VideoWriter(filename, fourcc, fps, frameSize)

Everything fine so far, except:

There are artefacts in the final video., which I guess are connected to compression.
Here are some lines from my code:

videoWriter = new_VideoWriter(outPath, CV_FOURCC('M', 'P', '4', '2'), frameRate, size(img)); if ~VideoWriter_isOpened(videoWriter) then disp("Cannot create video file: " + outPath); end for i = 1:nrOfFiles img = imread(inPath(i)); VideoWriter_write(videoWriter, img); disp(i) end delete_VideoWriter(videoWriter);

Question 1: What other formats are possible for "CV_FOURCC"?
I just used 'M', 'P', '4', '2' , because it's the only mentioned in the help.

Question 2: What format should - ideally - the input images have? Currently I use BMP's, created with xs2bmp.

Thank you,
Philipp

Re: scicv - CV_FOURCC

Hello Philipp,

Question 1: What other formats are possible for "CV_FOURCC"?

https://www.fourcc.org/ describes what exist and might be supported by our binary. The codecs are only the ones supported by ffmpeg (included as a DLLs) or your system ones.

Question 2: What format should - ideally - the input images have? Currently I use BMP's, created with xs2bmp.
Yes BMP is fine. The rational are ; for a better encoding, use lossless image format ; for speed use non-compressed ones.