[Scilab-users] string and excestr

Carrico, Paul Carrico, Paul

[Scilab-users] string and excestr

Dear All

In the past, I used the following structure to develop my code on several lines (until the release 5.5.2) ; in the new one, the 3 dots do not work anymore.

What’s now the right sentence ?

Thanks for your help

Paul

################################

s = "...

printf(""Hello !\n""), ...

";

execstr(s)

################################

leads to

s = "...

        ^^

Erreur : Unexpected end of line in a string.

EXPORT CONTROL :
Cet email ne contient pas de données techniques
This email does not contain technical data

Rafael Guerra Rafael Guerra

Re: string and excestr

Hi Paul,

I do not know why your Scilab 5 code does not work in Scilab 6.

For long strings, the code might read more clearly by concatenating the different string with + sign as follows:

s = "" + ...
"printf(""Hello !\n""), " + ...
"";
execstr(s)

Another example:

s = "printf(""command#1\n""); " + ...
"printf(""Hello !\n""); " + ...
"printf(""command#3\n""); ";
execstr(s)

Regards,

Rafael

Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan

Re: {EXT} string and excestr

Hello Paul,

> De la part de Carrico, Paul
> Envoyé : lundi 22 janvier 2018 15:09
>
> In the past, I used the following structure to develop my code on several lines (until the release 5.5.2) ;
> in the new one, the 3 dots do not work anymore.

I also noticed some changes with the continuation dots, see :

regards

paul.carrico paul.carrico

Re: {EXT} string and excestr

Thanks Christophe,

It means that some codes I made last few years are not available now under Scilab6.0 :-(

A personal reflexion is in progress consequently ...

Paul

Le 2018-01-22 18:08, Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe a écrit :

Hello Paul,

De la part de Carrico, Paul