[Scilab-users] toolbox help page : no "calling sequence generated

Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

[Scilab-users] toolbox help page : no "calling sequence generated

Hi,

I made a toolbox for my personal macros, all macros are pure scilab
function, the man pages are described as comments at the beginning of
each macro (see below) and are proceeded with help_from_sci. The toolbox
was designed with scilab5, running the builder.sce in scilab6 looks ok
but the "Calling Sequence" part isn't proceeded? I suppose the tag has
changed but I can't find it in the documentation  (it may be "Syntax"
but doesn't work?!?)

any clue for this problem ?

Philippe

%%%%%%  structure of macros in my toolbox %%%%%%

function [str]=contribute_MyMath(varargin)
    // MyMath
    //
    // Calling Sequence
    //   [str]=contribute_MyMath([x[,y]])
    //
    // Parameters
    //  x,y: scilab variables
    //  str: string
    //
    // Description
    // a "function skeleton" to contribute to MyMath toolbox :
    //
    // Examples
    // contribute_MyMath()  // basic usage
    // contribute_MyMath('example') // how to use optional parameters
    // contribute_MyMath(1,2)
    //
    // See also
    //  MyMath
    //
    // Authors
    //  Philippe Roux
    //

Re: toolbox help page : no "calling sequence generated

Hello Philippe,

Le 05/05/2019 à 17:19, philippe a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I made a toolbox for my personal macros, all macros are pure scilab
> function, the man pages are described as comments at the beginning of
> each macro (see below) and are proceeded with help_from_sci. The toolbox
> was designed with scilab5, running the builder.sce in scilab6 looks ok
> but the "Calling Sequence" part isn't proceeded? I suppose the tag has
> changed but I can't find it in the documentation  (it may be "Syntax"
> but doesn't work?!?)

Yes it's "Syntax" ; it is documented:
https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/help_from_sci.html ; and for me
it works for your sample function.

Philippe Roux Philippe Roux

Re: toolbox help page : no "calling sequence generated

> Yes it's "Syntax" ; it is documented:
> https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.2/en_US/help_from_sci.html ; and for me
> it works for your sample function.

thanks Samuel, it works fine now (I don't what happened at first try).

Philippe