[Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

marko marko

[Scilab-users] v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Well, I'm certainly a newbie here. One thing I cannot seem to correct is that
graphic window / export / jpg always fails to produce an acceptable image.
As it has been pointed out in the past, the background is invariably
pinkish, while *.png works just fine.

The suggestion in previous dismissals of this problem make the claim that it
is "ALWAYS" a video card driver problem. This would seem to be a bit off the
mark, especially since I have many other graphics programs and viewers which
have no problems whatever displaying jpg's on this machine, a very capable
windows 7 pc (my choice) recently built by local computer shop which I
trust.

I would think Scilab developers need to investigate this problem more
seriously rather than simply dismissing it by blaming it on video cards.

jrc

marko marko

Re: v6.0.2 jpeg export problem - again

Comment on my post here:  An excellent workaround on Windows is to use the
fine (free) program 'Irfanview'. I simply load the desired graphics file
(*.png exported by scilab) into Irfanview, then immediately save it as a
*.jpg instead. Presto - nice white background, as most would desire.

Le 11/04/2019 à 20:34, marko a écrit :
> Well, I'm certainly a newbie here. One thing I cannot seem to correct is that
> graphic window / export / jpg always fails to produce an acceptable image.
> As it has been pointed out in the past, the background is invariably
> pinkish, while *.png works just fine.

You are lucky. For me, all pixmap formats are red.
An easy workaround consists in turning the figure invisible before
exporting it:
gcf().visible = "off";
Then, the exported colors are correct.

HTH