[Scilab-users] xpoly in x-y-z coordinates

der_Phil der_Phil

[Scilab-users] xpoly in x-y-z coordinates

Dear Users,

I have a 3D-plot.

Onto that, I would like to add a xpoly-line with the following specs:

xpoly ( [0 1], [0 0], [-0.4 -0.4], 'lines' 0)

in other words: The polyline should be at the X-Y Plane, but shifted to Z = -0.4

I know that I can just plot the line, but that would destroy the layout, which I would have to reconfigure.

Similary to that I also would like xstring-Text in such a manner.

Is something like this possible?....xpoly3D() ?

Thank you, Philipp

der_Phil der_Phil

Re: xpoly in x-y-z coordinates

Hello Philipp,

Le 08/02/2021 à 21:36, P M a écrit :

> Dear Users,
>
> I have a 3D-plot.
>
> Onto that, I would like to add a xpoly-line with the following specs:
>
> xpoly ( [0 1], [0 0], [-0.4 -0.4], 'lines' 0)
>
> in other words: The polyline should be at the X-Y Plane, but shifted
> to Z = -0.4
>
> I know that I can just plot the line, but that would destroy the
> layout, which I would have to reconfigure.

What do you mean? That you don't want gca().data_bounds being updated?

> Similary to that I also would like xstring-Text in such a manner.

xstring(x, y, text)
gce().data(3) = z_coordinate;

works.

> Is something like this possible?....xpoly3D() ?

Isn't param3d() right for that?

der_Phil der_Phil

Re: xpoly in x-y-z coordinates

Hi Samuel,

please see my answers below in blue.

Thank you,
Philipp

Am Mi., 17. Feb. 2021 um 13:09 Uhr schrieb Samuel Gougeon <[hidden email]>:
Hello Philipp,

Le 08/02/2021 à 21:36, P M a écrit :
> Dear Users,
>
> I have a 3D-plot.
>
> Onto that, I would like to add a xpoly-line with the following specs:
>
> xpoly ( [0 1], [0 0], [-0.4 -0.4], 'lines' 0)
>
> in other words: The polyline should be at the X-Y Plane, but shifted
> to Z = -0.4
>
> I know that I can just plot the line, but that would destroy the
> layout, which I would have to reconfigure.

What do you mean? That you don't want gca().data_bounds being updated?

Consider a 3D-plot with following settings:
- view is rotated other than it's standard view.
- box is "off"
- axes are "off"
- labels are "off"

I found that adding afterwards a new line with plot3D8X,Y,Z) would
- rotate everything back into standard view
- switch box "on" again
- switch axes "on" again
- switch labels "on" again

So I would have to reconfigure the 3D-plot appearance .

Using xpoly, xarrow, xsegs allowes to just add a line, while the original plot appearance does not change.
This is very comfortable.

> Similary to that I also would like xstring-Text in such a manner.

xstring(x, y, text)
gce().data(3) = z_coordinate;

works.

--> Thank you, I was not aware of that.
Since xstring has only X-Y as input I didn't check for gce().data(3)

> Is something like this possible?....xpoly3D() ?

Isn't param3d() right for that?

--> Yes, you are right. but still a :  gca().data_bounds    is necessary afterwards.