Setting default axes / figure values

Richard llom Richard llom

Setting default axes / figure values

Before my printing commands I'm setting up some defaults like this:
// ==== Visualization ====
clf();
// Set some defaults
defaxh = get("default_axes");
defaxh.font_size = 3;
defaxh.title.font_size = 4;
defaxh.title.font_style = 9;
defaxh.x_label.font_size = 4;
defaxh.y_label.font_size = 4;

xtitle(desc);

However I noticed that these only take effect on the second run of the script and not immediately.
This is obviously confusing and annoying when trying out different values.
Which command am I missing here?

TIA
richard

Re: Setting default axes / figure values

Le 01/08/2017 à 18:33, Richard llom a écrit :

> Before my printing commands I'm setting up some defaults like this:
> // ==== Visualization ====
> clf();
> // Set some defaults
> defaxh = get("default_axes");
> defaxh.font_size = 3;
> defaxh.title.font_size = 4;
> defaxh.title.font_style = 9;
> defaxh.x_label.font_size = 4;
> defaxh.y_label.font_size = 4;
>
> xtitle(desc);
>
> However I noticed that these only take effect on the second run of the
> script and not immediately.
> This is obviously confusing and annoying when trying out different values.
> Which command am I missing here?

None. After modifying the default parameters, only forthcoming figures
take them into account. Already created figures stay as they are.

Richard llom Richard llom

Re: Setting default axes / figure values

> None. After modifying the default parameters, only forthcoming figures
> take them into account. Already created figures stay as they are.

But except the empty clf() there are none of my figures at this point. All my plot functions are following after this...

However putting the clf() below the default setting seems to fix it.