Simplified Chinese translation is almost finished

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Simplified Chinese translation is almost finished

Dear All,

After several weeks work, I have translated almost all the messages in
Launchpad.net
into Simplified Chinese.
I'll improve the translation in the next step.
Hope Scilab users can be benefited from my translation.

--
Shiqi Yu
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,

Re: Simplified Chinese translation is almost finished

Great news !
Let me know when I can take everything and put them into the trunk!

Sylvestre

Le jeudi 24 juillet 2008 à 23:41 +0800, Shiqi Yu a écrit :
> Dear All,
>
> After several weeks work, I have translated almost all the messages in
> Launchpad.net
> into Simplified Chinese.
> I'll improve the translation in the next step.
> Hope Scilab users can be benefited from my translation.

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Re: Simplified Chinese translation is almost finished

There are still some messages that I don't know the exact meaning.
I have to read the source code to understand them,
and hope I'll finish it in several days.

Besides, can a language switch menu item be added to Scilab 5 GUI?
There is one in Scipad.
Because not all users, especially the scientists,
with Chinese(or another language) locale
would like to use Chinese interface.
A menu item can make language switching easy
and make Scilab more user-friendly.

Le vendredi 25 juillet 2008 à 09:37 +0800, Shiqi Yu a écrit :
> There are still some messages that I don't know the exact meaning.
> I have to read the source code to understand them,
> and hope I'll finish it in several days.
A rule of translation:
If you don't understand a message, don't translate it ;)

> Besides, can a language switch menu item be added to Scilab 5 GUI?
> There is one in Scipad.
> Because not all users, especially the scientists,
> with Chinese(or another language) locale
> would like to use Chinese interface.
> A menu item can make language switching easy
> and make Scilab more user-friendly.
Under Windows, we are thinking about introducing a new Scilab function
to set the language.
Under the Linux, it is not the philosophy of this OS to be able to
switch a language. Everything is done thanks to the "shell/system
variable".

Sylvestre