Submitting multiple applications for Scilab GSOC projects?

John Gunderman John Gunderman

Submitting multiple applications for Scilab GSOC projects?

I can imagine that there will be multiple people submitting applications for the same project. Would you prefer for us to submit multiple applications for different Scilab projects, or would you prefer we only chose one project so that you wouldn't have to try and guess which project we would prefer (assuming we qualify for multiple projects)?

John Gunderman

Re: Submitting multiple applications for Scilab GSOC projects?

Le mardi 30 mars 2010 à 16:40 -0400, John Gunderman a écrit :
> I can imagine that there will be multiple people submitting
> applications for the same project.
Indeed.

> Would you prefer for us to submit multiple applications for different
> Scilab projects, or would you prefer we only chose one project so that
> you wouldn't have to try and guess which project we would prefer
> (assuming we qualify for multiple projects)?
First, you should be focused on two projects max for Scilab. Otherwise,
the quality of the proposal might not be good enough.
Second, just specify which project you would prefer. This will help in
the selection.
Third, you can ask me if your project will have a lot of applications
(example: from the emails I received CUDA has a lot of success this
year).
That does not mean you should drop the idea...
The final list is a multi optimization process with a lot of variables
and constraints...

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru