Toolboxes menu

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Toolboxes menu

I found that &Toolboxes menu label did not listed in any modules in Launchpad.

It seems this menu is set in file ./etc/scilab.start by    setmenu(gettext("&Toolboxes"));
It's ugly that menus are not in the same language.

How to fix it?

--
Shiqi Yu
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Re: Toolboxes menu

Yep, I used to have a crappy trick to handle this but I removed it a
while ago.
I updated a script to manage this with an other crappy trick, updated
the code localization file and uploaded it to launchpad.

Thanks for point this out.

Sylvestre

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 à 22:24 +0800, Shiqi Yu a écrit :

> I found that &Toolboxes menu label did not listed in any modules in
> Launchpad.
>
> It seems this menu is set in file ./etc/scilab.start by
> setmenu(gettext("&Toolboxes"));
> It's ugly that menus are not in the same language.
>
> How to fix it?
>
> --
> Shiqi Yu
> Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,
> Chinese Academy of Sciences.
> Homepage: http://yushiqi.cn

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Re: Toolboxes menu

I just found "&Toolboxes" in module core. It's my fault that I could not find it before.

But under Windows, if no zh_CN mo file is in locales directory, the menu will be disabled and gray,
like this
http://www.scilab.org.cn/bbs/download.php?id=2
Is it caused by ./etc/scilab.start file?

and the Linux binary version, chinese can not be correctly shown,
the chinese become a square symbol, like this:
http://www.scilab.org.cn/bbs/download.php?id=3

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 à 23:34 +0800, Shiqi Yu a écrit :
> I just found "&Toolboxes" in module core. It's my fault that I could
> not find it before.
&toolboxes string is also used by a macro in the core module

> But under Windows, if no zh_CN mo file is in locales directory, the
> menu will be disabled and gray,
> like this
> http://www.scilab.org.cn/bbs/download.php?id=2
> Is it caused by ./etc/scilab.start file?
Yep, it is a bug in the 5.0.1 which is going to be fixed by the upcoming
version (5.0.2).

> and the Linux binary version, chinese can not be correctly shown,
> the chinese become a square symbol, like this:
> http://www.scilab.org.cn/bbs/download.php?id=3
hmhm, with the binary or the source tree ?

Sylvestre

> 2008/9/24 Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]>
>         Yep, I used to have a crappy trick to handle this but I
>         removed it a
>         while ago.
>         I updated a script to manage this with an other crappy trick,
>         updated
>         the code localization file and uploaded it to launchpad.
>
>         Thanks for point this out.
>
>         Sylvestre
>
>         Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 à 22:24 +0800, Shiqi Yu a
>         écrit :
>
>         > I found that &Toolboxes menu label did not listed in any
>         modules in
>         > Launchpad.
>         >
>         > It seems this menu is set in file ./etc/scilab.start by
>         > setmenu(gettext("&Toolboxes"));
>         > It's ugly that menus are not in the same language.
>         >
>         > How to fix it?
>         >
>         > --
>         > Shiqi Yu
>         > Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,
>         > Chinese Academy of Sciences.
>         > Homepage: http://yushiqi.cn
>         >
>         >
>

> --
> Shiqi Yu
> Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,
> Chinese Academy of Sciences.
> Homepage: http://yushiqi.cn

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Re: Toolboxes menu

> and the Linux binary version, chinese can not be correctly shown,
> the chinese become a square symbol, like this:
> http://www.scilab.org.cn/bbs/download.php?id=3
hmhm, with the binary or the source tree ?
binary version (linux)!

if run scilab which is compiled from source under linux,
the language will be switched to en_US
because there isn't zh_CN.mo file.

Sylvestre