Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
JD Heinzmann JD Heinzmann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

About 3 years ago I developed a Scicos simulation of a heat engine using ScicosLab-4.4b8 with Scicos 4.4.  I have just downloaded Scilab 5.4.1 and would like to run this old simulation under Xcos.  

I can open the old .cos file in Xcos and see the blocks and navigate into the super-block hierarchy just fine.  I can save this block diagram as .xcos and .zcos files just fine.  I can load the context file into Scilab and run it to set up the workspace before running the simulation.  But when I try to run the simulation under Xcos, Scilab and Xcos immediately quits silently (with no error messages).  

Are Scicos files not compatible with Xcos?  If not, what do I need to do to adjust my model to work with Xcos?

Thank you!

JD
Clément David-2 Clément David-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

Hello,

It should work fine but it is model related. Can you provide your
model ?

--
Clément

Le dimanche 02 février 2014 à 15:08 -0800, JD Heinzmann a écrit :

> About 3 years ago I developed a Scicos simulation of a heat engine using
> ScicosLab-4.4b8 with Scicos 4.4.  I have just downloaded Scilab 5.4.1 and
> would like to run this old simulation under Xcos.  
>
> I can open the old .cos file in Xcos and see the blocks and navigate into
> the super-block hierarchy just fine.  I can save this block diagram as .xcos
> and .zcos files just fine.  I can load the context file into Scilab and run
> it to set up the workspace before running the simulation.  But when I try to
> run the simulation under Xcos, Scilab and Xcos immediately quits silently
> (with no error messages).  
>
> Are Scicos files not compatible with Xcos?  If not, what do I need to do to
> adjust my model to work with Xcos?
>
> Thank you!
>
> JD
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Trying-to-use-old-Scicos-file-with-Xcos-tp4028498.html
> Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
JD Heinzmann JD Heinzmann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

Hi, Clément,

I am new here, so would you tell me the best way to provide my model?  Simply as an email attachment?  .zcos format to save space?

Thanks.

JD


On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Clément David <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

It should work fine but it is model related. Can you provide your
model ?

--
Clément

Le dimanche 02 février 2014 à 15:08 -0800, JD Heinzmann a écrit :
> About 3 years ago I developed a Scicos simulation of a heat engine using
> ScicosLab-4.4b8 with Scicos 4.4.  I have just downloaded Scilab 5.4.1 and
> would like to run this old simulation under Xcos.
>
> I can open the old .cos file in Xcos and see the blocks and navigate into
> the super-block hierarchy just fine.  I can save this block diagram as .xcos
> and .zcos files just fine.  I can load the context file into Scilab and run
> it to set up the workspace before running the simulation.  But when I try to
> run the simulation under Xcos, Scilab and Xcos immediately quits silently
> (with no error messages).
>
> Are Scicos files not compatible with Xcos?  If not, what do I need to do to
> adjust my model to work with Xcos?
>
> Thank you!
>
> JD
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Trying-to-use-old-Scicos-file-with-Xcos-tp4028498.html
> Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Clément David-2 Clément David-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

Hello,

Sorry for the lag, please provide it as a zcos email attachment.

--
Clément

Le mercredi 05 février 2014 à 11:52 -0500, John David Heinzmann a
écrit :

> Hi, Clément,
>
>
> I am new here, so would you tell me the best way to provide my model?
>  Simply as an email attachment?  .zcos format to save space?
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> JD
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Clément David
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hello,
>        
>         It should work fine but it is model related. Can you provide
>         your
>         model ?
>        
>         --
>         Clément
>        
>         Le dimanche 02 février 2014 à 15:08 -0800, JD Heinzmann a
>         écrit :
>         > About 3 years ago I developed a Scicos simulation of a heat
>         engine using
>         > ScicosLab-4.4b8 with Scicos 4.4.  I have just downloaded
>         Scilab 5.4.1 and
>         > would like to run this old simulation under Xcos.
>         >
>         > I can open the old .cos file in Xcos and see the blocks and
>         navigate into
>         > the super-block hierarchy just fine.  I can save this block
>         diagram as .xcos
>         > and .zcos files just fine.  I can load the context file into
>         Scilab and run
>         > it to set up the workspace before running the simulation.
>          But when I try to
>         > run the simulation under Xcos, Scilab and Xcos immediately
>         quits silently
>         > (with no error messages).
>         >
>         > Are Scicos files not compatible with Xcos?  If not, what do
>         I need to do to
>         > adjust my model to work with Xcos?
>         >
>         > Thank you!
>         >
>         > JD
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > --
>         > View this message in context:
>         http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Trying-to-use-old-Scicos-file-with-Xcos-tp4028498.html
>         > Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing
>         list archive at Nabble.com.
>         > _______________________________________________
>         > users mailing list
>         > [hidden email]
>         > http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>        
>        
>         _______________________________________________
>         users mailing list
>         [hidden email]
>         http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>        
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users
JD Heinzmann JD Heinzmann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

Sorry to have dropped this conversation 4 years ago.  May I bring it alive
again?

I have just installed SciLab 6.0.1 and would like to be able to use the .cos
file I have working in SciCosLab-4.4b8 with Xcos.  But there is no option
for opening it in SciLab-6.  I was able to open it in SciLab-5.4.1 (but not
run it as noted previously) and save it as a .zcos file which I am
attaching.  I am also attaching the original .cos file from 4.4b8 and the
context file which should be run first to set up the variables needed for
the simulation.

Is it possible to convert one of these files to run with Scilab 6?

FlameLicker.zcos
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t496403/FlameLicker.zcos>  
FlameLicker.cos
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t496403/FlameLicker.cos>  
FL_Context.sce <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/t496403/FL_Context.sce>  

Thank you.

--
JD








--
Sent from: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Mailing-Lists-Archives-f2602246.html
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.scilab.org/mailman/listinfo/users