Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Kirill Kirillov Kirill Kirillov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

Hi.

1) According to this page [1] Scilab 5.1 should have GUI generator. When
will it be ready?

After migrating to 5.x branch I can't figure how to place controls just
below docking header, since docking header and menu occupy some non
constant space (it depends on font size so look can be varied from one
PC to another). I still wonder why it's necessary to take them into
account, any thoughts?

2) Also I can't find Variable Editor although in old-GUI-style it was
available in Scilab 5.0.3.

Kirill Kirillov
<><
--
[1] http://www.scilab.org/developers/index_developers.php?page=roadmap


Francois Vogel-2 Francois Vogel-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

Kirill Kirillov said on 16/02/2009 01:39:
> Hi.
>
> 1) According to this page [1] Scilab 5.1 should have GUI generator. When
> will it be ready?

Good question to which I would be interested to read an answer as
well. I would certainly use the feature if available, thus my interest.
For what I can infer from the commits in the git tree that I'm
following on a daily basis this feature was never started. AFAIK it
was never discussed on the development mailing list and there is no
SEP describing it.
Predicting when the GUI generator will be ready in Scilab is therefore
a bit hard ;-) I think a more basic question is whether this feature
will be developed at some point of time or not.
Note that I'm often wrong in my perception of these things, though.
Final answer left to the opteam. Their updated roadmap looks overdue.


> 2) Also I can't find Variable Editor although in old-GUI-style it was
> available in Scilab 5.0.3.

Well, this works for me in Scilab 5.1:
   a=1;editvar a
Or do you perhaps mean something else?

Francois


> Kirill Kirillov
> <><
> --
> [1] http://www.scilab.org/developers/index_developers.php?page=roadmap


Kirill Kirillov Kirill Kirillov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

В Пнд, 16/02/2009 в 20:57 +0100, François Vogel пишет:
> Kirill Kirillov said on 16/02/2009 01:39:
> > 2) Also I can't find Variable Editor although in old-GUI-style it was
> > available in Scilab 5.0.3.
>
> Well, this works for me in Scilab 5.1:
>    a=1;editvar a
> Or do you perhaps mean something else?

You are right, I am about Variable Browser which was available in Scilab
5.0.3 from  Applications -> Variable Editor.

And thank you for hint. I modified your command and found Variable
Browser by invoking "browsevar" :)

Kirill Kirillov
<><




Vincent COUVERT Vincent COUVERT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

In reply to this post by Francois Vogel-2
François Vogel a écrit :

> Kirill Kirillov said on 16/02/2009 01:39:
>> Hi.
>>
>> 1) According to this page [1] Scilab 5.1 should have GUI generator. When
>> will it be ready?
>
> Good question to which I would be interested to read an answer as
> well. I would certainly use the feature if available, thus my interest.
> For what I can infer from the commits in the git tree that I'm
> following on a daily basis this feature was never started. AFAIK it
> was never discussed on the development mailing list and there is no
> SEP describing it.
> Predicting when the GUI generator will be ready in Scilab is therefore
> a bit hard ;-) I think a more basic question is whether this feature
> will be developed at some point of time or not.
> Note that I'm often wrong in my perception of these things, though.
> Final answer left to the opteam. Their updated roadmap looks overdue.
In Scilab 5.1 priority was given to graphics enhancements and
compatibility. The roadmap on Scilab WebSite is quite obsolete and will
be updated soon. This feature is not yet started and no SEP has been
written for it.

Vincent

>
>
>> 2) Also I can't find Variable Editor although in old-GUI-style it was
>> available in Scilab 5.0.3.
>
> Well, this works for me in Scilab 5.1:
>   a=1;editvar a
> Or do you perhaps mean something else?
>
> Francois
>
>
>> Kirill Kirillov
>> <><
>> --
>> [1] http://www.scilab.org/developers/index_developers.php?page=roadmap
>


--
==============================================
Vincent COUVERT
Responsable du développement
                    ------                    
Fondation DIGITEO - Consortium Scilab
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Bâtiment 23 - Bureau 22
                    ------                    
Email : [hidden email]
Tél : +33 (0)1 39 63 54 46
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 63 55 94
==============================================


Francois Vogel-2 Francois Vogel-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

Selon Vincent COUVERT <[hidden email]>:

> In Scilab 5.1 priority was given to graphics enhancements and
> compatibility. The roadmap on Scilab WebSite is quite obsolete and will
> be updated soon. This feature is not yet started and no SEP has been
> written for it.

OK, statement is clear and confirms my understanding.
In the new roadmap, are you still considering implementing this feature (GUI
generator) in Scilab or not? And if so, what is the new target Scilab version?

Thanks,
Francois

Vincent COUVERT Vincent COUVERT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two missing features in Scilab 5.1

[hidden email] a écrit :

> Selon Vincent COUVERT <[hidden email]>:
>
>  
>> In Scilab 5.1 priority was given to graphics enhancements and
>> compatibility. The roadmap on Scilab WebSite is quite obsolete and will
>> be updated soon. This feature is not yet started and no SEP has been
>> written for it.
>>    
>
> OK, statement is clear and confirms my understanding.
> In the new roadmap, are you still considering implementing this feature (GUI
> generator) in Scilab or not? And if so, what is the new target Scilab version?
>
> Thanks,
> Francois
>  
Yes this feature is still considered. However the new target Scilab
version is not yet defined.

Vincent

--
==============================================
Vincent COUVERT
Responsable du développement
                    ------                    
Fondation DIGITEO - Consortium Scilab
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Bâtiment 23 - Bureau 22
                    ------                    
Email : [hidden email]
Tél : +33 (0)1 39 63 54 46
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 63 55 94
==============================================