Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab

Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab

Hello,

Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab (here
with branch-6.0)

I did:

make clean
./configure --prefix=/home/mottelet/WORK
make
make install

then, /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab gives me:

/home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I saw that the WORK/lib/thirdparty/ folder was missing I made a clone
of the thirdparty folder which is part of my git repo in WORK/lib/thirdparty

but I still get the same error. What did I miss ?

Re: Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab

Hello Stéphane,

This issue (or similar startup issues) comes from a version mismatch on dependencies between
configure/build time and run time. You have to ship the same (or compatible) thirdparty within the
install dir. By default, the launcher script (at run time) add the directories shipped with the
scilab binary.

After copying the thirdparty to the same location as in the binary, you should make scilab run. If
not, the location you put them might not be good. If you want to debug these things, use :

 SCIVERBOSE=1 /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab

Le vendredi 18 mai 2018 à 09:03 +0200, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab (here
> with branch-6.0)
>
> I did:
>
> make clean
> ./configure --prefix=/home/mottelet/WORK
> make
> make install
>
> then, /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab gives me:
>
> /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> When I saw that the WORK/lib/thirdparty/ folder was missing I made a clone
> of the thirdparty folder which is part of my git repo in WORK/lib/thirdparty
>
> but I still get the same error. What did I miss ?
>
> S.

Re: Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab

Hello,

Sorry, I thought that I had to use the same directory layout as in the official 6.0.1. Now that I have copied

scilab/lib/thirdparty and scilab/thirdparty (.jar files)

at the same location in the install folder, scilab seems to start but freezes :

~/WORK$ SCIVERBOSE=1 ./bin/scilab
SCILABBIN : scilab-bin
DISABLE_JAVA_DETECTION : 0
SCILAB_MODE : gui
OS : Linux
MODEL : x86_64
IS_SCILAB_BINARY : 0
Trying to find Java in /usr/java/jdk1.8.*/
Trying to find Java in /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-amd64/
Java found in /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
JAVA_HOME : /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64
SCI : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab/
SCIBIN : /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab-bin
PATH : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab/:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//bin:/home/mottelet/WORK/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
CLASSPATH : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//modules/core/jar/org.scilab.modules.core.jar
EGL_DRIVER : egl_glx
LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/thirdparty:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//bin:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/scilab/:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib64/scilab/:.:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server/:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/native_threads/:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/thirdparty/redist
DOCBOOK : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//thirdparty/docbook

(the script freezes at this point).

In -nwni I have the following error :

~/WORK$ SCIVERBOSE=1 ./bin/scilab -nwni
SCILABBIN : scilab-cli-bin
DISABLE_JAVA_DETECTION : 1
SCILAB_MODE : nwni
OS : Linux
MODEL : x86_64
IS_SCILAB_BINARY : 0
SCI : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab/
SCIBIN : /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab-cli-bin
PATH : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab/:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//bin:/home/mottelet/WORK/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
CLASSPATH :
EGL_DRIVER :
LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/thirdparty:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//bin:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/scilab/:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib64/scilab/:.:/home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//lib/thirdparty/redist
DOCBOOK : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//thirdparty/docbook
Scilab branch-6.0 (May 18 2018, 08:28:32)

Une erreur a été détectée en chargeant /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//modules/functions/.libs/libscifunctions.so : /home/mottelet/WORK/share/scilab//modules/functions/.libs/libscifunctions.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

-->

However, the scilab binary runs fine in all modes from the build folder.

S.