Update for handle data type

Vincent COUVERT-3 Vincent COUVERT-3

Update for handle data type

Hi all,

I just updated
http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
or GRAPHICS modules.

For exemple:
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
(generic message)
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"

Vincent

Vincent COUVERT-3 Vincent COUVERT-3

Re: Update for handle data type

Me again, I think that these messages could be factorized:

"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
(generic message)
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A '%s' handle expected.\n"

Vincent

Vincent COUVERT a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I just updated
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> or GRAPHICS modules.
>
> For exemple:
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> (generic message)
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
>
> Vincent

Vincent COUVERT
Centre de Recherche INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe Projet SCILAB
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 013
Email : [hidden email]
Tél : +33 (0)1 39 63 54 46
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 63 55 94

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 10:08 +0200, Vincent COUVERT a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I just updated
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> or GRAPHICS modules.
>
> For exemple:
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> (generic message)
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"

I would change this :
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
by
"%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An '%s' handle expected.\n"

For translators, we are going to leave handle in the string, in French,
it will be also "handle" but could be translated in other languages.

Serge Steer-3 Serge Steer-3

Re: Update for handle data type

I was working on the wiki page for a while when Vincent committed his
change. This has created a conflict in the wiki. I am unable to solve it.

Serge

Vincent COUVERT a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I just updated
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> or GRAPHICS modules.
>
> For exemple:
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> (generic message)
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
>
> Vincent

Vincent COUVERT-3 Vincent COUVERT-3

Re: Update for handle data type

We just resolved this conflict.

Vincent

Serge Steer a écrit :

> I was working on the wiki page for a while when Vincent committed his
> change. This has created a conflict in the wiki. I am unable to solve it.
>
> Serge
>
> Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just updated
>> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
>> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
>> or GRAPHICS modules.
>>
>> For exemple:
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
>> (generic message)
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
>>
>> Vincent

Vincent COUVERT
Centre de Recherche INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe Projet SCILAB
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 013
Email : [hidden email]
Tél : +33 (0)1 39 63 54 46
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 63 55 94

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Re: Update for handle data type

Thanks for your inputs Serge. It will help. ;)

Sylvestre

Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 12:23 +0200, Serge Steer a écrit :

> I was working on the wiki page for a while when Vincent committed his
> change. This has created a conflict in the wiki. I am unable to solve it.
>
> Serge
>
> Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just updated
> > http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> > that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> > or GRAPHICS modules.
> >
> > For exemple:
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> > (generic message)
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> >
> > Vincent

Jean-Baptiste Silvy Jean-Baptiste Silvy

Re: Update for handle data type

I agree with the suggested sentences. However, I don't understand why we
should add quotes around handles names ('Figure', 'Axes',...).

Jean-Baptiste

Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 10:08 +0200, Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just updated
>> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
>> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
>> or GRAPHICS modules.
>>
>> For exemple:
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
>> (generic message)
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
>> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
>>

> I would change this :
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> by
> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An '%s' handle expected.\n"
>

> For translators, we are going to leave handle in the string, in French,
> it will be also "handle" but could be translated in other languages.

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Re: Update for handle data type

Good morning,

The main idea behind the quote is to show for the translation and the
user that it is a keyword!

Sylvestre

Le lundi 02 juin 2008 à 09:21 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Silvy a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I agree with the suggested sentences. However, I don't understand why we
> should add quotes around handles names ('Figure', 'Axes',...).
>
> Jean-Baptiste
>
> Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 10:08 +0200, Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I just updated
> >> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> >> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> >> or GRAPHICS modules.
> >>
> >> For exemple:
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> >> (generic message)
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> >>

> > I would change this :
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> > by
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An '%s' handle expected.\n"
> >

> > For translators, we are going to leave handle in the string, in French,
> > it will be also "handle" but could be translated in other languages.

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Re: Update for handle data type

It should be good afternoon here. I'm in China. ^-^

2008/6/2 Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]>:
Good morning,

The main idea behind the quote is to show for the translation and the
user that it is a keyword!

Sylvestre

Le lundi 02 juin 2008 à 09:21 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Silvy a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I agree with the suggested sentences. However, I don't understand why we
> should add quotes around handles names ('Figure', 'Axes',...).
>
> Jean-Baptiste
>
> Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> > Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 10:08 +0200, Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I just updated
> >> http://wiki.scilab.org/Localization_in_English_-_Standard_messages so
> >> that messages take into account what type of handle is expected in GUI
> >> or GRAPHICS modules.
> >>
> >> For exemple:
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A graphic handle expected.\n"
> >> (generic message)
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: A 'Figure' handle expected.\n"
> >> "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> >>

> > I would change this :
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An 'Axes' handle expected.\n"
> > by
> > "%s: Wrong type for input argument #%d: An '%s' handle expected.\n"
> >

> > For translators, we are going to leave handle in the string, in French,
> > it will be also "handle" but could be translated in other languages.

Shiqi Yu
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,
Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Homepage: http://yushiqi.cn