Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
sylvestre sylvestre
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Hello,

Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/

It is now much easier to detect which languages are full translated,
which need some more works...
It is possible also for each language to detect which module is OK:
For example, here is the status of the
Brazilian Portuguese localization:
https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/pt_BR

When you think that your translation is better and should be included
into Scilab, just drop a mail on the dev mailing list or to me.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
Sylvestre
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096



Hiroshi Saito Hiroshi Saito
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Hi Sylvestr-san, and all.

Great!

Thank you for helpful information. I wish contributing in Japanese. Then, the work has
sufficient quantity to be used although it has not completed yet. Therefore, I registered
to the place, and this URL of work will be shown the japanese status.!

Ooops, one question.

==Register a branch on Scilab==  I entered as follows
Branch URL: https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/ja_JP
== Error Message.
=>For Launchpad to mirror a branch, the original branch cannot be on Launchpad.net

Have I missed something?
Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvestre Ledru" <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
> developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/
>
> It is now much easier to detect which languages are full translated,
> which need some more works...
> It is possible also for each language to detect which module is OK:
> For example, here is the status of the
> Brazilian Portuguese localization:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/pt_BR
>
> When you think that your translation is better and should be included
> into Scilab, just drop a mail on the dev mailing list or to me.
>
> Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
> Sylvestre
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096
>
>
>


sylvestre sylvestre
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Scilab-Dev] Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Bonjour,

This interface is a bit tricky at first.
In the preferences of your launchpad account, you must select Japanese
as one of your preferred languages and it is going to activate it as
potential Scilab translation.
I just did it for you in order to "open" the Japanese translation of
Scilab.

Sylvestre


Le jeudi 25 juin 2009 à 22:52 +0900, Hiroshi Saito a écrit :

> Hi Sylvestr-san, and all.
>
> Great!
>
> Thank you for helpful information. I wish contributing in Japanese. Then, the work has
> sufficient quantity to be used although it has not completed yet. Therefore, I registered
> to the place, and this URL of work will be shown the japanese status.!
>
> Ooops, one question.
>
> ==Register a branch on Scilab==  I entered as follows
> Branch URL: https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/ja_JP
> == Error Message.
> =>For Launchpad to mirror a branch, the original branch cannot be on Launchpad.net
>
> Have I missed something?
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sylvestre Ledru" <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
> > developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/
> >
> > It is now much easier to detect which languages are full translated,
> > which need some more works...
> > It is possible also for each language to detect which module is OK:
> > For example, here is the status of the
> > Brazilian Portuguese localization:
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/pt_BR
> >
> > When you think that your translation is better and should be included
> > into Scilab, just drop a mail on the dev mailing list or to me.
> >
> > Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
> > Sylvestre
> > [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096
> >
> >
> >
>


Hiroshi Saito Hiroshi Saito
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Scilab-Dev] Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Hi Sylvestre-san.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvestre Ledru" <[hidden email]>


> Bonjour,

Bonjour!:-)

>
> This interface is a bit tricky at first.

Um,  I fought with the page now.

> In the preferences of your launchpad account, you must select Japanese
> as one of your preferred languages and it is going to activate it as
> potential Scilab translation.
> I just did it for you in order to "open" the Japanese translation of
> Scilab.

Yeah, thanks!
It seems that I found the place which works. I saw the results of status with red all. :-)
Thank you very much.  anyway, I will commit there little by little.

P.S)
today work finished so far in the reason now of midnight in Japan.

With kindest regards,
Hiroshi Saito

>
> Sylvestre
>
>
> Le jeudi 25 juin 2009 à 22:52 +0900, Hiroshi Saito a écrit :
>> Hi Sylvestr-san, and all.
>>
>> Great!
>>
>> Thank you for helpful information. I wish contributing in Japanese. Then, the work has
>> sufficient quantity to be used although it has not completed yet. Therefore, I registered
>> to the place, and this URL of work will be shown the japanese status.!
>>
>> Ooops, one question.
>>
>> ==Register a branch on Scilab==  I entered as follows
>> Branch URL: https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/ja_JP
>> == Error Message.
>> =>For Launchpad to mirror a branch, the original branch cannot be on Launchpad.net
>>
>> Have I missed something?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hiroshi Saito
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Sylvestre Ledru" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
>> > developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
>> > https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/
>> >
>> > It is now much easier to detect which languages are full translated,
>> > which need some more works...
>> > It is possible also for each language to detect which module is OK:
>> > For example, here is the status of the
>> > Brazilian Portuguese localization:
>> > https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/trunk/+lang/pt_BR
>> >
>> > When you think that your translation is better and should be included
>> > into Scilab, just drop a mail on the dev mailing list or to me.
>> >
>> > Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
>> > Sylvestre
>> > [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>
>



Kirill Kirillov Kirill Kirillov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

In reply to this post by sylvestre
Hi!

В Чтв, 25/06/2009 в 14:44 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru пишет:

> Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
> developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096

Indeed it is a very appreciated and useful feature.

Btw, is it possible to enable support for the following statuses:
- Translation unchanged since last synchronized
- Changed in Launchpad
Especially it would be useful to have the first status, which would show
items already included into the last stable scilab version.

And one more suggestion, if the same items have different translation in
two modules, then during localization building such items are marked as
fuzzy and therefore they would be untranslated in final scilab.mo.
I think it would be more flexible to build translations per module. This
would help to solve mentioned issue. Also users would be able to make
their own localizations for toolboxes.

--
Kirill Kirillov
<><


sylvestre sylvestre
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Le jeudi 25 juin 2009 à 21:52 +0400, Kirill Kirillov a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> В Чтв, 25/06/2009 в 14:44 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru пишет:
>
> > Following a request I made a few months ago [1], the Launchpad
> > developers just released a new great feature in the translation area:
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab/
> > [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/273096
>
> Indeed it is a very appreciated and useful feature.
>
> Btw, is it possible to enable support for the following statuses:
> - Translation unchanged since last synchronized
why do you want this ?
> - Changed in Launchpad
> Especially it would be useful to have the first status, which would show
> items already included into the last stable scilab version.
I am not sure to understand what you mean here :/
sorry

> And one more suggestion, if the same items have different translation in
> two modules, then during localization building such items are marked as
> fuzzy and therefore they would be untranslated in final scilab.mo.
> I think it would be more flexible to build translations per module. This
> would help to solve mentioned issue. Also users would be able to make
> their own localizations for toolboxes.
I wish I could but we would have to update all the code providing the name of the localization file for each modules...
but I agree that this problem should require a solution...

Sylvestre



Kirill Kirillov Kirill Kirillov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Hi!

В Чтв, 25/06/2009 в 22:39 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru пишет:
> Le jeudi 25 juin 2009 à 21:52 +0400, Kirill Kirillov a écrit :
> > Btw, is it possible to enable support for the following statuses:
> > - Translation unchanged since last synchronized
> why do you want this ?
> > - Changed in Launchpad
> > Especially it would be useful to have the first status, which would show
> > items already included into the last stable scilab version.
> I am not sure to understand what you mean here :/
> sorry
It's OK, I'll try to clarify.

For instance, we have the following page opened:
https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab

It consists of table with "Status" column.
Currently status can be either "Untranslated" or "Newly translated in
Launchpad". But legend on the same page has two more statuses, which
I've mentioned before: "Translation unchanged since last synchronized"
and "Changed in Launchpad".

I'm sure, that it would be useful to have these two last statues enabled
to show which items were already included into last Scilab release and
which included items have been changed in Launchpad since last release.


> > And one more suggestion, if the same items have different translation in
> > two modules, then during localization building such items are marked as
> > fuzzy and therefore they would be untranslated in final scilab.mo.
> > I think it would be more flexible to build translations per module. This
> > would help to solve mentioned issue. Also users would be able to make
> > their own localizations for toolboxes.
> I wish I could but we would have to update all the code providing the name of the localization file for each modules...
> but I agree that this problem should require a solution...

Should I open a bug to track this issue?

--
Kirill Kirillov
<><


Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Le vendredi 26 juin 2009 à 02:17 +0400, Kirill Kirillov a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> В Чтв, 25/06/2009 в 22:39 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru пишет:
> > Le jeudi 25 juin 2009 à 21:52 +0400, Kirill Kirillov a écrit :
> > > Btw, is it possible to enable support for the following statuses:
> > > - Translation unchanged since last synchronized
> > why do you want this ?
> > > - Changed in Launchpad
> > > Especially it would be useful to have the first status, which would show
> > > items already included into the last stable scilab version.
> > I am not sure to understand what you mean here :/
> > sorry
> It's OK, I'll try to clarify.
>
> For instance, we have the following page opened:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/scilab
>
> It consists of table with "Status" column.
> Currently status can be either "Untranslated" or "Newly translated in
> Launchpad". But legend on the same page has two more statuses, which
> I've mentioned before: "Translation unchanged since last synchronized"
> and "Changed in Launchpad".
>
> I'm sure, that it would be useful to have these two last statues enabled
> to show which items were already included into last Scilab release and
> which included items have been changed in Launchpad since last release.
>
OK, I understand. Can you open a bug report on launchpad to ask for this feature ? I will support
your proposal. I believe they can implement this feature pretty easily!

> > > And one more suggestion, if the same items have different translation in
> > > two modules, then during localization building such items are marked as
> > > fuzzy and therefore they would be untranslated in final scilab.mo.
> > > I think it would be more flexible to build translations per module. This
> > > would help to solve mentioned issue. Also users would be able to make
> > > their own localizations for toolboxes.
> > I wish I could but we would have to update all the code providing the name of the localization file for each modules...
> > but I agree that this problem should require a solution...
>
> Should I open a bug to track this issue?
Yep, please. However, don't expect a fix quickly... I don't know how we could solve it...
Maybe a preprocessing (based on gettext or not) which would check for
conflicting translation...

Anyway, thanks for your input, it is always appreciated!


Sylvestre



Kirill Kirillov Kirill Kirillov
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Update of launchpad to simplify the localization

Hi!

В Пнд, 29/06/2009 в 21:27 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru пишет:

<snip>
> OK, I understand. Can you open a bug report on launchpad to ask for this feature ? I will support
> your proposal. I believe they can implement this feature pretty easily!
https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+question/75644

<snip>
> Yep, please. However, don't expect a fix quickly... I don't know how we could solve it...
> Maybe a preprocessing (based on gettext or not) which would check for
> conflicting translation...
http://requestzilla.scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=653

--
Kirill Kirillov
<><