Use of SendScilabJob

Remy_Abergel Remy_Abergel

Use of SendScilabJob

I would like to interface in Scilab a C code that uses "SendScilabJob".
Here is a very simple code that I am unsuccessfully trying to make work.

#include "api_scilab.h"
#include "call_scilab.h"
#include "stack-c.h"
#include "sciprint.h"

void hello()
        int res = SendScilabJob("disp(''hello'')");
        sciprint("res=%d",res);

int interface_hello(char *fname)
        CheckRhs(0,0) ;
        CheckLhs(0,1) ;
        hello();
        return 0;
}

The builder is simply made of the line:  ilib_build('libhello',['hello', 'interface_hello'],['hello.c'],[])
When I run "hello()" in Scilab, the SendScilabJob is not correctly executed (res=-1 which means that the call_Scilab engine is not started)

If I change my function hello into:

void hello()
        StartScilab(getenv("SCI"),NULL,NULL);
        SendScilabJob("disp(''hello'')");
}

then a call to "hello()" crashes Scilab. I tryied on 2 different computers with the version 5.3.3 of Scilab. It seems there is a problem with JVM lib (a message appears in my linux terminal saying that Scilab cannot open JVM library) but I do not understand what is going wrong.

My wish is that typing "hello()" in my Scilab console, my c code runs, and sends the "disp('hello')" instruction to the same Scilab console.

It would be very useful to me if I could achieve that, thank you for your responses.

Rémy

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

RE: Use of SendScilabJob

From a C/C++ gateway of Scilab, the current good way to do is:

SendScilabJob must be used from a external app and not scilab

Allan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Remy_Abergel [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : mardi 3 avril 2012 13:37
À : [hidden email]
Objet : [scilab-Users] Use of SendScilabJob

I would like to interface in Scilab a C code that uses "SendScilabJob".
Here is a very simple code that I am unsuccessfully trying to make work.

#include "api_scilab.h"
#include "call_scilab.h"
#include "stack-c.h"
#include "sciprint.h"

void hello()
        int res = SendScilabJob("disp(''hello'')");
        sciprint("res=%d",res);

int interface_hello(char *fname)
        CheckRhs(0,0) ;
        CheckLhs(0,1) ;
        hello();
        return 0;
}

The builder is simply made of the line:  ilib_build('libhello',['hello',
'interface_hello'],['hello.c'],[])
When I run "hello()" in Scilab, the SendScilabJob is not correctly executed
(res=-1 which means that the call_Scilab engine is not started)

If I change my function hello into:

void hello()
        StartScilab(getenv("SCI"),NULL,NULL);
        SendScilabJob("disp(''hello'')"); }

library) but I do not understand what is going wrong.

My wish is that typing "hello()" in my Scilab console, my c code runs, and sends the "disp('hello')" instruction *to the same* Scilab console.

Rémy

View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Use-of-SendScilabJob-tp3880580p3880580.html

To unsubscribe from this mailing-list, please send an empty mail to [hidden email]
To check the archives of this mailing list, see http://mailinglists.scilab.org/

Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

In reply to this post by Remy_Abergel
Salut Rémy,

On 03/04/2012 13:37, Remy_Abergel wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to interface in Scilab a C code that uses "SendScilabJob".
> Here is a very simple code that I am unsuccessfully trying to make work.
> #include "api_scilab.h"
> #include "call_scilab.h"
> #include "stack-c.h"
> #include "sciprint.h"
> void hello()
> {
> int res = SendScilabJob("disp(''hello'')");
>          sciprint("res=%d",res);
> }
> int interface_hello(char *fname)
> {
> CheckRhs(0,0) ;
> CheckLhs(0,1) ;
> hello();
> return 0;
> }
> The builder is simply made of the line:  ilib_build('libhello',['hello',
> 'interface_hello'],['hello.c'],[])
> When I run "hello()" in Scilab, the SendScilabJob is not correctly executed
> (res=-1 which means that the call_Scilab engine is not started)
The problem is probably due to the fact that you are mixing two
different things:
* call_scilab should be used when you want to use Scilab as a computing
engine from a thirdparty applications
* api_scilab is used when you want to extend the features of Scilab by
adding a new function.

SendScilabJob has not been designed nor tested to be used inside a gateway.

Sylvestre

-----------------------------
Sylvestre Ledru
Operation manager
Community manager
-----------------------------
Scilab Enterprises
-----------------------------

Remy_Abergel Remy_Abergel

Sylvestre, Allan,
Thank you very much for your answers. I understand now... I'm going to try with Allan script.

à bientôt :)
Rémy.
Renoir Vieira Renoir Vieira

Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Is there a way to sendjob to scilab from a c# class?

Sent from my iPhone

On 03/04/2012, at 08:59, Remy_Abergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sylvestre, Allan,
> Thank you very much for your answers. I understand now... I'm going to try
> with Allan script.
> à bientôt :)
> Rémy.
> View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Use-of-SendScilabJob-tp3880580p3880631.html
> Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> To unsubscribe from this mailing-list, please send an empty mail to
> To check the archives of this mailing list, see
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

Re: Use of SendScilabJob

See example in / scilab / modules / call_scilab / examples / call_scilab / NET /

Allan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Renoir Vieira [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : mardi 3 avril 2012 16:54
À : [hidden email]
Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Is there a way to sendjob to scilab from a c# class?

Sent from my iPhone

On 03/04/2012, at 08:59, Remy_Abergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sylvestre, Allan,
> Thank you very much for your answers. I understand now... I'm going to
> try with Allan script.
> à bientôt :)
> Rémy.
> View this message in context:
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Use-of-SendScilabJob-tp3880580p3880631.
> html Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list
> archive at Nabble.com.
> To unsubscribe from this mailing-list, please send an empty mail to
> To check the archives of this mailing list, see
> http://mailinglists.scilab.org/

To check the archives of this mailing list, see http://mailinglists.scilab.org/

hehiha hehiha

In reply to this post by Remy_Abergel
Hi
I implement external module.
my module have block ABC
In ABC.sci file
I implement 2 function
1. Function to show interface ABC block
2. Function XYZ
in ABC.C file computation file
do some thing for ABC block and call XYZ function.

Do I use SendScilabJob function, all right ?
How to use SendScilabJob function for my code ?
Mike Page Mike Page

Hi

Not sure which part of my previous explanation you didn't understand...

Yes - you can use SendScilabJob from your C code.

This function does exactly what would happen if you typed the string at the
Scilab console.  So if you do SendScilabJob("disp(%pi)"); it will cause
3.1416 to be printed on the terminal.

So you need first to send a string to exec your function file, then another
string to call the function, just like you would at the Scilab console.

If you want to pass and retrieve large argument arrays, use
createNamedMatrixOfDouble and readNamedMatrixOfDouble (see help text or
example below).  If not, just insert the argument values into the string in
C using for example sprintf.

Maybe an example would make it easier to follow.  Have you tried the example
provided (SendScilabJob("myMatrix=['sample','for the help']");) that you
quoted in your code?  Did it work?  If not, what happened?  Did it fail to
compile or fail to link?  What was the error?

I can't write your code for you, but here's an example that works for me.
It's more complicated than you need, but it might help.

Mike.

==========================================================

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <process.h>
#include "call_scilab.h"
#include "api_scilab.h"

HANDLE PlotCmd[2];
HANDLE Reply;
double x[100];
double y[100];

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------
static void SciPlot (void* Params)
        DWORD Event;
        BOOL Exit = FALSE;

if (StartScilab (NULL, NULL, 0) == FALSE)
                printf ("Error : StartScilab\n");

SetEvent (Reply);
                                break;
                        case (WAIT_OBJECT_0 + 1):
                                Exit = TRUE;
                                break;
        }

if (TerminateScilab (NULL) == FALSE)
                printf ("Error : TerminateScilab\n");

-----Original Message-----
From: hehiha [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 11 July 2012 10:30
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Hi
I implement external module.
my module have block ABC
In ABC.sci file
I implement 2 function
1. Function to show interface ABC block
2. Function XYZ
in ABC.C file computation file
do some thing for ABC block and call XYZ function.

Do I use SendScilabJob function, all right ?
How to use SendScilabJob function for my code ?

View this message in context:
Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at
Nabble.com.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2195 / Virus Database: 2437/5124 - Release Date: 07/10/12

hehiha hehiha

Re: Use of SendScilabJob

This post was updated on .
Hi Mike.
Thank for your help.
I try build this code for scilab-5.3.3,  scilab-5.3.2, scilab-5.4.0-beta1 for windows and have same problem.
Step1: I add
      LDFLAGS = LDFLAGS + " """ + SCI + "/bin/LibScilab.lib"""; //to build for scilab-5.3.2, 5.3.3

Step2: I build this code. Have error with link c-strack.h <only error with scilab-5.4.0-beta1>

fatal error C1189: #error :  Using stack-c.h is deprecated!

Step3: I remove include

//#include "call_scilab.h"
//#include "api_scilab.h"
And rebuild no error. But when I run have error
can not opne JVM  library.

Step4: I change
 if (StartScilab (NULL, NULL, 0) == FALSE)
 to
if (Call_ScilabOpen(NULL, FALSE, NULL, 0)== FALSE)
And rebuild no error.  But when I run no happen.
Scilab it hanger. It not show anything.
Process can not normal exit. I must force this process.
I don't know why.
Did you have problem the same ?
Mike Page Mike Page

Hi

The stack-c problem is quite normal, but I think it should still work, at
least up to Scilab-5.3.2 (which is what I use).  When I build the original
example (as given in the Scilab help system) with Visual C++ 2010, I get the
build log:

1>------ Build started: Project: CallScilab, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>  CallScilabTest.c
1>  Using stack-c.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack-c.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack-def.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try
'help api_scilab'). Note the stack-def.h API will be removed after Scilab
6.0.
1>  Using stack1.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack1.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack2.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack2.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>  Using stack3.h is deprecated. Please use api_scilab instead (try 'help
api_scilab'). Note the stack3.h API will be removed after Scilab 6.0.
1>c:\documents and settings\mike\my documents\visual studio
2010\projects\callscilab\callscilab\callscilabtest.c(59): warning C4047:
'function' : 'int' differs in levels of indirection from 'void *'
1>c:\documents and settings\mike\my documents\visual studio
2010\projects\callscilab\callscilab\callscilabtest.c(59): warning C4024:
'StartScilab' : different types for formal and actual parameter 3
1>  CallScilab.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2010\Projects\CallScilab\Debug\CallScilab.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So although I see a message about stack-c, I don't get a compiler error and
the build succeeds and the final code runs perfectly.

When I build my example (that I sent you), I get no errors or warnings.  The
build log is:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: CallSciExample, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>  CallsciC.c
1>  CallSciExample.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My
Documents\Visual Studio
2010\Projects\CallSciExample\Debug\CallSciExample.exe
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

If I comment out
//#include "call_scilab.h"
//#include "api_scilab.h"
then I get a lot of undefined symbol errors as I would expect.  I can't see
how you can build this without any errors.  Symbols like StartScilab should
be flagged up as undefined.

My best guess is that you have your PC or Visual C++ configured differently
from me.  All I can say is that the example I sent builds perfectly for me.
It may be that you don't have all the right include or lib files.

Just to be sure, I have packaged all the C project files for this example in
a zip file and mailed it to you (dungnguyenbk-AT-gmail-DOT-com) off-list.
Try that to see if it works.  If it does, you need to work back to find
what's different in your own example code.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't think I can help any more - I am just a
Scilab user.  Maybe one of the experts on this forum has some ideas.

Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: hehiha [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 12 July 2012 04:33
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Hi Mike.
Thank for your help.
I try build this code for scilab-5.3.3,  scilab-5.3.2, scilab-5.4.0-beta1
for windows and have same problem.
Step1: I build this code. Have error with link c-strack.h

fatal error C1189: #error :  Using stack-c.h is deprecated!

Step2: I remove include

//#include "call_scilab.h"
//#include "api_scilab.h"
And rebuild no error. But when I run have error
can not opne JVM  library.

Step3: I change
 if (StartScilab (NULL, NULL, 0) == FALSE)
 to
if (Call_ScilabOpen(NULL, FALSE, NULL, 0)== FALSE)
And rebuild no error.  But when I run no happen.
Scilab it hanger. It not show anything.
Process can not normal exit. I must force this process.
I don't know why.

View this message in context:
Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at
Nabble.com.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2195 / Virus Database: 2437/5125 - Release Date: 07/11/12

hehiha hehiha

Hi Mike
Thank you very much.
I think have difference because I implement my  xcos external module and build by scilab console.
I don't know method to build xcos external module by visual C++.
I am beginner with xcos and scilab. I don't understand xcos well.
I really appreciate your help.
hehiha hehiha

Hi Mike
I'm sorry to disturb you. But I want to run your program (CallSciExample).

I can build your source code.  But I don't know method to run scilab program
in visual studio.

Could you tell me how to run your program.
I want to understand more about scilab.

Thank you.

View this message in context: http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Use-of-SendScilabJob-tp3880580p4024574.html

hehiha hehiha

Re: Use of SendScilabJob

In reply to this post by hehiha
Hi Mike
I am sorry to disturb you. But I want run your program (CallSciExample) to understand more about scilab.

Case 1: I had setting your code with visual studio c++ 2010 Express and I can build this source code. But I don't know method to run it.

Case 2: I ref this link

I can build your source code with scilab-5.3.2 but when I run this program have error.

"Scilab can not open JVM library"

Do you have the same error ?

Could you tell my wrong step ?
Sorry about my disturb.
Thank you.
Mike Page Mike Page

Re: Use of SendScilabJob

When I run it, a Scilab plot window appears, updates the graph with random
data a few times and then disappears again.  The first time of running, it
may not quite work properly, because of the delay in loading all the
required DLLs, but the next time it runs perfectly for me.

You just run the code from within Visual C++ by pressing the run button (or
menu Debug, Start Debugging).  Alternatively you can just double click the
file CallSciExample.exe that is created by the build.

The Scilab plotting obviously uses Java, so you need to have the JVM
installed.   You should be able to see it in the list of installed programs
(Control Panel, Add or Remove Software).  Mine shows "Java(TM) 7 Update 5".
If you don't have Java, you can download it and install it from
www.java.com.  But since Scilab plotting requires Java, you would not be
able to plot with Scilab unless you have it already.

If you type plot() at the Scilab console, do you see the graphs?  If that
works, but my code gives you the error "Scilab can not open JVM library",
then I don't know what is wrong.  Perhaps an expert on this forum might
know.

HTH,
Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: hehiha [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 13 July 2012 05:52
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Hi Mike
I am sorry to disturb you. But I want run your program (CallSciExample) to
understand more about scilab.

Case 1: I had setting your code with visual studio c++ 2010 Express and I
can build this source code. But I don't know method to run it.

Case 2: I ref this link
nked%20to%20scilab%20with%20Visual%20Studio

I can build your source code with scilab-5.3.2 but when I run this program
have error.

"Scilab can not open JVM library"

Do you have the same error ?

Could you tell my wrong step ?
Sorry about my disturb.
Thank you.

View this message in context:
Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at
Nabble.com.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2195 / Virus Database: 2437/5127 - Release Date: 07/12/12

hehiha hehiha

Hi Mike
I can use plot() function to show graph.
I have install "Java(TM) 7 Update 5".

I do the same you. After build with visualstudio. I pressing run on menu Debug.
But have error that
"this application has failed start because call_scilab.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Could you know about this error ?
Mike Page Mike Page

This is just a common problem with Windows.  It searches for DLLs in a
defined set of directories.  That set won't by default include the place
where the Scilab DLLs are located.  If you are interested, there is an
article on this on the Microsoft website
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586.aspx).

There are two ways to fix this.  The simplest is to add C:\Program
Files\scilab-5.3.2\bin (or wherever is the correct location on your PC) to
the PATH variable.  The other is just to copy the required DLLs from there
to the same directory as the executable you are running (probably ...\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CallScilab\Debug).  This second method
sounds easy, but it usually takes a while to work out all the required DLLs.
If you just copy over call_scilab.dll, you will find the next error relates
to another DLL.  This process can go on for a long time until you find them
all.  Alternatively, you can find all the required DLLs using a tool like
"Depends" (http://www.dependencywalker.com/).

I think you can also do this using the Manifest builder in Visual C++, but
I'm afraid I don't know how :-(

I suggest you try the first method, but it depends how you want your PC to
be configured.  If you do this for every program you want to run, the PATH
becomes very long and this can also cause problems where multiple
(different) copies of the same DLL exist on one PC.

Good luck!

Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: hehiha [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 13 July 2012 12:00
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [scilab-Users] Re: Use of SendScilabJob

Hi Mike
I can use plot() function to show graph.
I have install "Java(TM) 7 Update 5".

I do the same you. After build with visualstudio. I pressing run on menu
Debug.
But have error that
"this application has failed start because call_scilab.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Could you know about this error ?

View this message in context:
Sent from the Scilab users - Mailing Lists Archives mailing list archive at
Nabble.com.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.2195 / Virus Database: 2437/5128 - Release Date: 07/12/12

hehiha hehiha

Hi Mike.
Thank you very much. Now, I can run your program.
SendScilabJob function still have error with my xcos module.
I don't understand Xcos well. So I will investigate.
Thank for your time.