Will the translations be added to Scilab 5?

Shiqi Yu Shiqi Yu

Will the translations be added to Scilab 5?

hi, all,

I noticed that there were 4 languages had been translated over a half of the content.
They are:
  • Chinese(Traditional), by Yung-Jang Lee   2138 points
  • Russian, by Voronaam   1878 points
  • Chinese(Simplified), by Shiqi Yu, 1799 points
  • French,  by ycollet   1474 points
Will these translations be added to Scilab 5?
If so, I hope they can be added to the next BETA release, and then users will test them.

I have also another suggestion.
I hope Scilab can put the translators' names to "About Dialog", not just a word "contributors" like now.
I think Gnome applications are our good example. There is a "Credit" button on About dialog.
If you press "Credit" button, authors' names, translators' names will be shown.

--
Shiqi Yu
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology,

Re: Will the translations be added to Scilab 5?

Hello Shiqi,

> I noticed that there were 4 languages had been translated over a half
> of the content.
> They are:
>       * Chinese(Traditional), by Yung-Jang Lee   2138 points
>       * Russian, by Voronaam   1878 points
>       * Chinese(Simplified), by Shiqi Yu, 1799 points
>       * French,  by ycollet   1474 points
> Will these translations be added to Scilab 5?
> If so, I hope they can be added to the next BETA release, and then
> users will test them.
Indeed, these 4 languages are targets I have in mind for the version 5
(with maybe Italian).
I have the russian version from Voronaam that I need to commit into the
trunk.

> I have also another suggestion.
> I hope Scilab can put the translators' names to "About Dialog", not
> just a word "contributors" like now.
> I think Gnome applications are our good example. There is a "Credit"
> button on About dialog.
> If you press "Credit" button, authors' names, translators' names will
> be shown.
It is an interesting idea. We will see what we can do. Thanks for the
suggestion.

Sylvestre

Francois Vogel-2 Francois Vogel-2

Sylvestre Ledru said on 18/07/2008 17:19:
>> I have also another suggestion.
>> I hope Scilab can put the translators' names to "About Dialog", not
>> just a word "contributors" like now.
>> I think Gnome applications are our good example. There is a "Credit"
>> button on About dialog.
>> If you press "Credit" button, authors' names, translators' names will
>> be shown.

> It is an interesting idea. We will see what we can do. Thanks for the
> suggestion.

Sylvestre, I wouldn't have expected such a reaction from you,I'm quite
surprised.

This primary contributor is asking you for the very least the Scilab
team can do to thank him for his contributions.

Instead of just writing "... / Contributors" in the About box of
Scilab, he's asking to have his full name in that box, and even more
unobtrusive, he is even proposing to hide behind a "Credits" button.

Really, this is not just a "suggestion". It's the very least you can
do to thank these people for working for free on the translations.

Francois

Le vendredi 18 juillet 2008 à 18:48 +0200, François Vogel a écrit :

> Sylvestre Ledru said on 18/07/2008 17:19:
> >> I have also another suggestion.
> >> I hope Scilab can put the translators' names to "About Dialog", not
> >> just a word "contributors" like now.
> >> I think Gnome applications are our good example. There is a "Credit"
> >> button on About dialog.
> >> If you press "Credit" button, authors' names, translators' names will
> >> be shown.
>
> > It is an interesting idea. We will see what we can do. Thanks for the
> > suggestion.
>
> Sylvestre, I wouldn't have expected such a reaction from you,I'm quite
> surprised.
>
> This primary contributor is asking you for the very least the Scilab
> team can do to thank him for his contributions.
>
> Instead of just writing "... / Contributors" in the About box of
> Scilab, he's asking to have his full name in that box, and even more
> unobtrusive, he is even proposing to hide behind a "Credits" button.
>
> Really, this is not just a "suggestion". It's the very least you can
> do to thank these people for working for free on the translations.
OK, misunderstanding :)

Please, try something:
* open a gnome application (for example, I used Evolution)
* help => about
* credit
* you will find 3 tabs (Written by, Documented by and Translated by)
It is these 3 tabs that I didn't know and that I find understanding.

Of course we will put name of the people. It is the least we can do ;)

Sylvestre