Quantcast

Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Planet59 Planet59

Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hello,

After installing successfully COSELICA blocks, I wanted to run some demo on order to see how to implement model with those blocks.

When running the simulation, I got a error message about C compiller:
--------------------------------------------\
 Main Modelica : C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TMP_5984_\HeatTransfer_TwoMasses_im.mo

 Flat Modelica : C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TMP_5984_\HeatTransfer_TwoMasses_imf.mo
 Simulation C code :C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TMP_5984_\HeatTransfer_TwoMasses_im.c
   Generate a loader file
   Generate a Makefile
   Running the Makefile

!sorry compiling problem               !
!                                      !
!A Fortran or C compiler is required.  !
c_pass1: build the modelica meta-block failed

 xcos_simulate: Error during block parameters update.

I have typed this command in the console so that someone help me how to solve this problem (saw it in other related issue but the solution were not explained clearly).
-->haveacompiler()
 ans  =

So it seems that I have not the C compiller. But where could I get this C compiller needed to run correctly the COSELICA blocks ? Which application and how to link it to scilab ?

Thank in advance for help and your reply.

Planet59
Best Regards
Dear, Best regards Christopher
nikolay nikolay

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Dear Christopher!

If you are on Windows, you should install MinGW compiler from Scilab ATOMS (see its Description).

With best regards,
maintainer and developer of Mathieu functions toolbox for Scilab,
IEEE member, Ph.D.,
Nikolay Strelkov.

/--------------------------------------------\

Planet59 Planet59

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply !

I will install once I have resolved an another problem...
I declared it on bugzilla  Under ID 14242 (EXEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION with get function)...Hope to get solution as soons as possible to work on Xcos.

BR
Christopher
Dear, Best regards Christopher
windkraft windkraft

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hello

I have the same problem, Scilab is missing a compiler on a windows 7 maschine even there is one in the main directory.
And as it looks in several posts the problem or a variation of is exist in spite of some explanations what could possibly help.

Is there someone who has a Scilab installation and Scilab finds the C Compiler?
If so, could you explain which files must be stored in which relative pathes and which environmental variables has to be adjusted in which way.
And what should be the contens of configuration files belonging this theme.

Thanks, Peter
paul paul

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hi,

Can you run the Modelica demos (Demos->Xcos->Electrical systems), or does it tell you that you lack a compiler?
What is the return of 'haveacompiler' & 'findmsvccompiler'?

Please refer to supported compilers for more info.
Hope this helps,
Paul

On 11/28/2015 07:58 AM, windkraft wrote:
Hello

I have the same problem, Scilab is missing a compiler on a windows 7
maschine even there is one in the main directory.
And as it looks in several posts the problem or a variation of is exist in
spite of some explanations what could possibly help.

Is there someone who has a Scilab installation and Scilab finds the C
Compiler?
If so, could you explain which files must be stored in which relative pathes
and which environmental variables has to be adjusted in which way.
And what should be the contens of configuration files belonging this theme.

Thanks, Peter

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
windkraft windkraft

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hello Paul

Of course the Xcos example worked not.
So I followed several suggestions out of forums and mailing lists concerning this theme.
And all error messages which are mentioned above showed up on my w7 computer.

Therefore it would be nice to get an information in which constallation it realy works and do it handish without the atoms GUI.
That pathes, prepare configuration files etc.

Cheers Peter
windkraft windkraft

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

gnu gnu

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Dear Paul ,

What should I do if I can't run the Modelica demos (Demos->Xcos->Electrical systems)?

Thanks gnu
paul paul

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Hello Gnu,

To run Xcos demos containing Modelica (/Coselica) blocks, you need a C
compiler, as your message title suggests.
Please refer to the compilers page
(https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/supported_compilers.html) for
that.

Alternatively, you may try with Scilab 5.5.2 and even report a bug
(http://bugzilla.scilab.org) should you encounter unexpected behavior.

Hope this helps, regards,
Paul

On 2017-04-09 13:39, gnu wrote:

> Dear Paul ,
>
> What should I do if I can't run the Modelica demos
> (Demos->Xcos->Electrical
> systems)?
>
> Thanks gnu

gnu gnu

Re: Xcos Coselica blocks - Error while running - C compiller

Dear paul,

It runs very well now , thank you very much!

gnu