Xcos blocks source code

Shafiul Shafiul

Xcos blocks source code

Hello,

I'm a new user interested in analyzing xcos source code. I think the xcos source is located in `\scilab-6.0.0\modules\xcos\src\java\org\scilab\modules\xcos` location - is this correct?

Next, I'd like to know where code *for simulating* various "blocks" are located. By blocks I mean the individual blocks inside various pallets. For example, where would I find the code for various blocks for the "Sink" or "Source" block-groups?

By code, I mean the one which will be used to simulate the model, not Scilab UI code.

Thanks!

Shafiul

Re: Xcos blocks source code

Hello Shafiul,

>Hello,
>
>I'm a new user interested in analyzing xcos source code.
>I think the xcos source is located in
`\scilab-6.0.0\modules\xcos\src\java\org\scilab\modules\xcos`
>location - is this correct?

Yes, but as well in the modules
SCI\modules\scicos and SCI\modules\scicos_blocks

>Next, I'd like to know where code *for simulating* various "blocks" are located.
>By blocks I mean the individual blocks inside various pallets.
>For example, where would I find the code for various blocks for the "Sink" or "Source" block-groups?
>By code, I mean the one which will be used to simulate the model, not Scilab UI code.

They are defined in the scicos_blocks module.

Scicos is the former name of Xcos, before Scilab was forked in Scicoslab and Scilab.

HTH
Shafiul Shafiul

Re: Xcos blocks source code

Thanks! Looking at the "modules\scicos_blocks\src\c" directory, it seems to
me that most (if not all) blocks are implemented in C code. Is this correct?

For a simulation, does Scialb/xcos calls these C code/generates binaries and
call them directly?

It'd be really great if you could point me to developer documentation to
understand how parts of xcos/Scilab is implemented, if such
documentations/tutorials exist.

Thanks again!
Shafiul