ask

Malec Lukáš Malec Lukáš

ask

Good day,

I have one request for you, respective to toolboxes instalation in Scilab. At instalation, it is all clear for me, but at installation to Scilab in Windows XP Professional, I again and again stop at point Microsoft Visual C/C++ compiler installation. I have not so much experiences with this and the command prompt, and the file cl, nmake, VCVARS32.BAT I don´t found at my computer. Please, is it possible to write me this part much more in detail? I deal with applications of optimalization problems, toolboxes seems to be very useful for me, and for students too, but this area of Microsoft Visual C/C++ compiler installation is not so known for me.

Thank you very much. With the Best regards,
Lukáš Malec
Malec Lukáš Malec Lukáš

ask

Good day,

I somewhat change and clear my question, now I extract files toolbox into scilab-5.0.3\modules folder. For all that, this files doesn´t coact with Scilab, although in Scilab I change the current directory right to given folder.

Don´t you know the solution of this problem?

Thank you very much. With the Best Regards,
Lukáš Malec

Where to unpack toolboxes Was: Re: [scilab-Users] ask

Le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 à 00:09 +0200, Malec Lukáš a écrit :
> Good day,
>
> I somewhat change and clear my question, now I extract files toolbox
> into scilab-5.0.3\modules folder. For all that, this files doesn´t
> coact with Scilab, although in Scilab I change the current
> directory right to given folder.
Usually, toolbox are extracted in contrib/ not modules.

Otherwise, next time, could you put a more explicit subject ;)

--
-------------------------
Sylvestre Ledru

Allan CORNET Allan CORNET

RE: ask

Could you give more details about your problem about Scilab and Visual Studio ?

When you install Scilab , setup do NOT  try to detect  Visual studio.

If you have a valid installation of Visual studio  on your pc, Scilab detects it and configure environment variables.

If Visual is not detected, you can not to build toolbox with C/C++.

See help haveacompiler, and help about findmsvccompiler

Best regards

Allan CORNET