font licenses

Lukas Theussl Lukas Theussl

font licenses

Hi,

A few days ago I opened an issue about missing license files for fonts
in the jlatexmath distribution [1] but haven't got a reply yet. We would
like to use jlatexmath in our application but need to clarify the
license situation. Please provide at least some links to the license
source files for all the fonts used in jlatexmath.

Thanks,
-Lukas

[1] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/issues/533/

calixte calixte

Re: font licenses

Hi Lukas,

Sorry for the lag,  but we have a problem with our forge which forgot to
send me an email...

You can find a copy of the licences in the directory:
org/scilab/forge/jlatexmath/fonts/licences

I updated the LICENSE file for greek and cyriilic fonts, and I added the
correct path where to find the copy of Knuth license, dsrom license and
OFL license:
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/source/commit/c3d9e29315548405134dc64f6170cb62861d9f2e/

Thanks to use jlm.

Best regards,

Calixte

On 11/10/2011 08:36, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I opened an issue about missing license files for fonts
> in the jlatexmath distribution [1] but haven't got a reply yet. We
> would like to use jlatexmath in our application but need to clarify
> the license situation. Please provide at least some links to the
> license source files for all the fonts used in jlatexmath.
>
> Thanks,
> -Lukas
>

> [1] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/issues/533/

Lukas Theussl Lukas Theussl

Re: font licenses

Ah, my bad, I missed the licenses/ sub-directory. I guess my issue can
be closed...

Thanks for the help!
-Lukas

On 10/11/2011 10:28 AM, Calixte Denizet wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> Sorry for the lag, but we have a problem with our forge which forgot to
> send me an email...
>
> You can find a copy of the licences in the directory:
> org/scilab/forge/jlatexmath/fonts/licences
>
> I updated the LICENSE file for greek and cyriilic fonts, and I added the
> correct path where to find the copy of Knuth license, dsrom license and
> OFL license:
> http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/source/commit/c3d9e29315548405134dc64f6170cb62861d9f2e/
>

> Thanks to use jlm.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Calixte
>
> On 11/10/2011 08:36, Lukas Theussl wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few days ago I opened an issue about missing license files for fonts
>> in the jlatexmath distribution [1] but haven't got a reply yet. We
>> would like to use jlatexmath in our application but need to clarify
>> the license situation. Please provide at least some links to the
>> license source files for all the fonts used in jlatexmath.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Lukas
>>

>> [1] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/issues/533/

Re: font licenses

For curiosity, are you going to use it with jaxodraw ?

Sylvestre

Le mardi 11 octobre 2011 à 10:46 +0200, Lukas Theussl a écrit :

> Ah, my bad, I missed the licenses/ sub-directory. I guess my issue can
> be closed...
>
> Thanks for the help!
> -Lukas
>

> On 10/11/2011 10:28 AM, Calixte Denizet wrote:
> > Hi Lukas,
> >
> > Sorry for the lag, but we have a problem with our forge which forgot to
> > send me an email...
> >
> > You can find a copy of the licences in the directory:
> > org/scilab/forge/jlatexmath/fonts/licences
> >
> > I updated the LICENSE file for greek and cyriilic fonts, and I added the
> > correct path where to find the copy of Knuth license, dsrom license and
> > OFL license:
> > http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/source/commit/c3d9e29315548405134dc64f6170cb62861d9f2e/
> >

> > Thanks to use jlm.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Calixte
> >
> > On 11/10/2011 08:36, Lukas Theussl wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> A few days ago I opened an issue about missing license files for fonts
> >> in the jlatexmath distribution [1] but haven't got a reply yet. We
> >> would like to use jlatexmath in our application but need to clarify
> >> the license situation. Please provide at least some links to the
> >> license source files for all the fonts used in jlatexmath.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -Lukas
> >>

> >> [1] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/jlatexmath/issues/533/

Lukas Theussl Lukas Theussl

Re: font licenses

yes :)

It's already available in current trunk, we have temporarily copied all
the source files:

http://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jaxodraw?view=revision&revision=2460

In case anybody wants to try it, you need to checkout the whole trunk

https://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jaxodraw/trunk/

and use maven to build it.

Btw, any chance someone could upload jlatexmath to a maven repository
(or have I missed that too?)? That way we could just add it as an
external dependency.

Cheers,
-Lukas

Le mardi 11 octobre 2011 à 11:04 +0200, Lukas Theussl a écrit :
> yes :)
Thanks for the quick answer.

> It's already available in current trunk, we have temporarily copied all
> the source files:
>
> http://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jaxodraw?view=revision&revision=2460
>
> In case anybody wants to try it, you need to checkout the whole trunk
>
> https://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jaxodraw/trunk/
>
> and use maven to build it.
>
> Btw, any chance someone could upload jlatexmath to a maven repository
> (or have I missed that too?)? That way we could just add it as an
> external dependency.
We are not maven users and not planning to use it. However, we would be
happy to see jlatexmath published on a maven repo.
Google returns a few items:
http://www.google.com/search?q=jlatexmath+maven
I don't know if you could use them...

Sylvestre

Lukas Theussl Lukas Theussl

Re: font licenses

Hi again,

The links that google returns are mainly private repos that some people
have set up because jlatexmath is not in central, so that's another good
argument to put it there! :)

Since you said you would not use maven, I have taken the liberty to
upload a bundle for 0.9.6, it is currently on a staging location for review

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/central_bundles-152/

but should show up on central soon if it gets accepted:

http://search.maven.org/

Btw, you can automate the upload for any new version even with ant, see

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

if you are interested, or ask me if you need help. :)

Cheers,
-Lukas

On 10/11/2011 11:56 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> Le mardi 11 octobre 2011 à 11:04 +0200, Lukas Theussl a écrit :
>> yes :)
> Thanks for the quick answer.
>

>> It's already available in current trunk, we have temporarily copied all
>> the source files:
>>
>> http://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jaxodraw?view=revision&revision=2460
>>
>> In case anybody wants to try it, you need to checkout the whole trunk
>>
>> https://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jaxodraw/trunk/
>>
>> and use maven to build it.
>>
>> Btw, any chance someone could upload jlatexmath to a maven repository
>> (or have I missed that too?)? That way we could just add it as an
>> external dependency.
> We are not maven users and not planning to use it. However, we would be
> happy to see jlatexmath published on a maven repo.
> Google returns a few items:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=jlatexmath+maven
> I don't know if you could use them...
>
> Sylvestre

calixte calixte

Re: font licenses

Hi Lukas,

If you have time and if it is not too hard for you, you can patch
build.xml and I'll commit it in the git repo.

Thanks a lot.

Calixte

On 11/10/2011 14:13, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> The links that google returns are mainly private repos that some
> people have set up because jlatexmath is not in central, so that's
> another good argument to put it there! :)
>
> Since you said you would not use maven, I have taken the liberty to
> upload a bundle for 0.9.6, it is currently on a staging location for
> review
>
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/central_bundles-152/
>
> but should show up on central soon if it gets accepted:
>
> http://search.maven.org/
>

> Btw, you can automate the upload for any new version even with ant, see
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide
>

> if you are interested, or ask me if you need help. :)
>
> Cheers,
> -Lukas
>

> On 10/11/2011 11:56 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>>

>> Le mardi 11 octobre 2011 à 11:04 +0200, Lukas Theussl a écrit :
>>> yes :)
>> Thanks for the quick answer.
>>

>>> It's already available in current trunk, we have temporarily copied all
>>> the source files:
>>>
>>> http://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jaxodraw?view=revision&revision=2460
>>>

>>> In case anybody wants to try it, you need to checkout the whole trunk
>>>
>>> https://jaxodraw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jaxodraw/trunk/
>>>
>>> and use maven to build it.
>>>
>>> Btw, any chance someone could upload jlatexmath to a maven repository
>>> (or have I missed that too?)? That way we could just add it as an
>>> external dependency.
>> We are not maven users and not planning to use it. However, we would be
>> happy to see jlatexmath published on a maven repo.
>> Google returns a few items:
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=jlatexmath+maven
>> I don't know if you could use them...
>>
>> Sylvestre

Lukas Theussl Lukas Theussl

Re: font licenses

Is there a place to submit patches or do I just send it to the list?
Btw, is this list archived somewhere?

-Lukas