gitweb: which Scilab branch?

Hello,

Does http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git points to only the master
branch, or only to the current branch (currently the 6.0 one), or to all
branches gathered?

I mean, if we get the history of a file from gitweb, is it its history
on the master only?

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: gitweb: which Scilab branch?

Hello Samuel,

http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git can show all scilab.git repository.
At the bottom of the main page you can choose branch (heads section).

history of chances of CHANGES.md on branch master:
http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git;a=history;f=scilab/CHANGES.md;h=28beca7cdfbe60a38c7207a949427b160f106e14;hb=refs/heads/master
history of chances of CHANGES.md on branch 6.0:
http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git;a=history;f=scilab/CHANGES.md;h=7e58b83233c9e2268d7833bfd7af56f14db6a71f;hb=refs/heads/6.0

> Does http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git points to only the master
> branch, or only to the current branch (currently the 6.0 one), or to
> all branches gathered?
>
> I mean, if we get the history of a file from gitweb, is it its history
> on the master only?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
>
> Samuel

Antoine ELIAS-2 Antoine ELIAS-2

Re: gitweb: which Scilab branch?

Me again ;)

You can use http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/ too. ( choose branch at the
top right )
Another tool to do the same thing, sometimes it is faster than gitweb.

Antoine

Le 13/03/2018 à 15:42, Antoine ELIAS a écrit :
> Me again ;)
>
> You can use http://cgit.scilab.org/scilab/ too. ( choose branch at the
> top right )
> Another tool to do the same thing, sometimes it is faster than gitweb.

OK, and the major informations about branches are at the top.
I did not scroll the gitweb page down to the branches section.
Thanks.
So, if i understand right:
* The shortlog section of gitweb lists recent changes for all branches.
* To know whether a file has been changed between 6.0.0 and 6.0.1
     i must search in the 6.0 branch, not in the master, and rather with
cgit.
     I will do that.

Yes, to get the history with gitweb, i have a bookmark, and i use to
change the path\to\file
for which i want to get the history. Doing it without the h code works.
I guess it's the same with cgit.

Thanks again