\not quite right\ strings

Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes

\not quite right\ strings

Hello.

I don't if I'm the right place, but...
My name's Rodolfo and I'm translating Scilab to Portuguese-Brazil.
Working on the module core, i saw some messages talking about edit
stack.h file to increase the value of intersiz. Looking at SVN,
though, I found the #define at stack-def.h [1] actually. And it's not
only on this module.

Well, I hope i've helped and not made a mistake ;)

Regards,
Rodolfo

[1] http://viewvc.scilab.org/bin/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/scilab/modules/core/includes/stack-def.h?view=markup

Re: \not quite right\ strings

Le vendredi 18 juillet 2008 à 21:59 -0300, Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes a
écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I don't if I'm the right place, but...
> My name's Rodolfo and I'm translating Scilab to Portuguese-Brazil.
> Working on the module core, i saw some messages talking about edit
> stack.h file to increase the value of intersiz. Looking at SVN,
> though, I found the #define at stack-def.h [1] actually. And it's not
> only on this module.
Hello Rodolfo,

Which error message makes you unhappy ? :)

Francois Vogel-2 Francois Vogel-2

Re: \not quite right\ strings

Sylvestre Ledru said on 19/07/2008 12:13:

> Le vendredi 18 juillet 2008 à 21:59 -0300, Rodolfo Ribeiro Gomes a
> écrit :
>> Hello.
>>
>> I don't if I'm the right place, but...
>> My name's Rodolfo and I'm translating Scilab to Portuguese-Brazil.
>> Working on the module core, i saw some messages talking about edit
>> stack.h file to increase the value of intersiz. Looking at SVN,
>> though, I found the #define at stack-def.h [1] actually. And it's not
>> only on this module.
> Hello Rodolfo,
>
> Which error message makes you unhappy ? :)

I think he says that the error message instructs to edit stack.h (to
increase intersiz) whereas the define for intersiz is in stack-def.h

So the error message is wrong in his opinion.

A quick look into the source code shows in fact that intersiz seems to
receive a value in both stack.h and stack-def.h

Francois

2008/7/20 François Vogel <[hidden email]>:
> I think he says that the error message instructs to edit stack.h (to
> increase intersiz) whereas the define for intersiz is in stack-def.h
>
> So the error message is wrong in his opinion.
>
> A quick look into the source code shows in fact that intersiz seems to
> receive a value in both stack.h and stack-def.h

Yes, that's what I mean...

New ones: at module "io", there's the string "%s: Wrong type for input
argument #%d: A string."
I suppose, it ends "A string (was) expected"

@"linear-algebra" module:
"%s: Wrong values for input argument #%d: Non-negative scalar expected."

valueS? So, it should be scalarS?

Another issue:
- first/second argument, first/second dimension.
Like French, Portuguese has gender... and they're different for such
cases above.
- primeirO/segundO argumento, primeirA/segundA dimensão.

Therefore, the use of "%s argument is wrong" and "%s dimension is
wrong" causes a little orthographic/grammatic trouble here... Any
work-around?

Best regards,
Rodolfo