reset local atoms gui

David Chèze David Chèze

reset local atoms gui

Hello

I installed a recent scilab 6.0 nightly builds (WIN7_64bits) which fixed an annoying bug for me and while reinstalling some atoms module within the atoms gui it crashes the gui and whole scilab when I pressed "previous" button. The module was properly installed and I can use it. I can install new atoms via the  command line console when I know the name of the package but I can't start anymore the atoms GUI, it crashes scilab each time : how could I repair/re-initialize the atoms GUI only (or full atoms)? de/re -install all ?

Thanks for your help

David

Re: reset local atoms gui

Hello David,

Le 13/04/2017 à 09:14, David Chèze a écrit :

> Hello
>
> I installed a recent scilab 6.0 nightly builds (WIN7_64bits) which fixed an
> annoying bug for me and while reinstalling some atoms module within the
> atoms gui it crashes the gui and whole scilab when I pressed "previous"
> button. The module was properly installed and I can use it. I can install
> new atoms via the  command line console when I know the name of the package
> but I can't start anymore the atoms GUI, it crashes scilab each time : how
> could I repair/re-initialize the atoms GUI only (or full atoms)? de/re
> -install all ?

Did you try more simply to copy the "former" SCI/.atoms and SCI/contrib
directories to your new installation, and start your new Scilab? And the
same for SCIHOME/.atoms and SCIHOME/contrib (SCIHOME changing with
Scilab's version).
This is most often enough to get back ATOMS modules as installed in your
last version.

HTH

Re: reset local atoms gui

Le 13/04/2017 à 09:14, David Chèze a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I installed a recent scilab 6.0 nightly builds (WIN7_64bits) which fixed an
> annoying bug for me and while reinstalling some atoms module within the
> atoms gui it crashes the gui and whole scilab when I pressed "previous"
> button.

I confirm this behavior on the 6.0 branch:
After restarting, the module is well autoloaded and usable, but each time
that the ATOMS manager is called (toolbar icon or atomsGui()), Scilab
immediately crashes.