scicos mosfet gate voltage

Shriram Sampat Shriram Sampat

scicos mosfet gate voltage

hello guys,

yesterday i sent an email regarding my project and reqmt to connect
electrical and linear blocks.

I want to control the gate voltage of a MOSFET(scicos electrical block)
with the output of a linear PID controller blocks. If i try to connect,
i now get an error message "port at origin has type 1 and port at end
has type 2".

Can anyone help me in this ?

Thanks

Ram

Shriram R Sampat
Software Engineer - Embedded Systems

  EK Tronic Ing. R. Nitz
  Tel.: + 49/(0)7154/8311-12
  FAX : + 49/(0)7154/70449
  email: [hidden email]
  www.ektronic.de
  EK Tronic  Ing. R.Nitz
  Enzstr. 9 , 70806 Kornwestheim
  Ust ID:  DE 146160631
  Geschäftsführung: Ing. Richard Nitz

Simone Mannori Simone Mannori

Re: scicos mosfet gate voltage

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 09:45 +0100, Shriram Sampat wrote:

> hello guys,
>
> yesterday i sent an email regarding my project and reqmt to connect
> electrical and linear blocks.
>
> I want to control the gate voltage of a MOSFET(scicos electrical block)
> with the output of a linear PID controller blocks. If i try to connect,
> i now get an error message "port at origin has type 1 and port at end
> has type 2".
>
> Can anyone help me in this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ram

Bonjour Ram,

can you so kind to send me your .cos files ?

Thanks

Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Engineer

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Re: scicos mosfet gate voltage

Hello Ram,

If you don't get an answer from this mailing list, you can try

Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 09:45 +0100, Shriram Sampat a écrit :

> hello guys,
>
> yesterday i sent an email regarding my project and reqmt to connect
> electrical and linear blocks.
>
> I want to control the gate voltage of a MOSFET(scicos electrical block)
> with the output of a linear PID controller blocks. If i try to connect,
> i now get an error message "port at origin has type 1 and port at end
> has type 2".
>
> Can anyone help me in this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ram

Shriram Sampat Shriram Sampat

Re: scicos mosfet gate voltage

Hi Simone,

I have attached the sample .cos file that i created to test my project concept. The result of the mathematical expression block is voltage that has to be applied to the MOSFET gate.(the expression is not completely correct, but it gives an idea).

Right now the gate is unconnected, so the simulation wont run, unless it is connected to some thing.

Thank a lot

Ram

Simone Mannori wrote:
[...]

e_test.cos (153K) Download Attachment
Masoud-NAJAFI Masoud-NAJAFI

Re: [scicos] Re: [scilab-Users] scicos mosfet gate voltage

Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :

> Hello Ram,
>
> If you don't get an answer from this mailing list, you can try
> [hidden email]
>
> Sylvestre
>
> Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 09:45 +0100, Shriram Sampat a écrit :
>
>> hello guys,
>>
>> yesterday i sent an email regarding my project and reqmt to connect
>> electrical and linear blocks.
>>
>> I want to control the gate voltage of a MOSFET(scicos electrical block)
>> with the output of a linear PID controller blocks. If i try to connect,
>> i now get an error message "port at origin has type 1 and port at end
>> has type 2".
>>
>> Can anyone help me in this ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ram

Hi Ram,

Electrical blocks are considered as components (or implicit blocks in
contrast with explicit Scicos blocks), so their ports act as real
electrical ports, i.e., their do not have predefined directions.

These block are wirtten with the Modelica language, for example the
model the electrical pin is:

connector Pin
        Real v;
        flow Real i;
end Pin;

and the model of an electrical resistor  is

model Resistor
        Pin p, n;
        parameter Real R "Resistance";
equation
        R*p.i = p.v - n.v;
        0=p.i +n.i;
end Resistor;

Note that unlike ordinary programming languages, there is no causality
between variables.

Now, lets return to your question. In order to control the gate voltage
of a Mosfet by a PID, the PID output signal should be first transformed
into an electrical signal. You can do this using the CVS ( Controlled
Voltage Source) block in the Electrical palette. Then connect the "-"
pin of CVS to the Ground and "+" pin to the gate of the Mosfet.

I wish it can help.
Masoud

ps: you can find some documentation about Modelica at
http://www.scicos.org/scicosmodelicaref.html
www.modelica.org

Bruno Chaumontet Bruno Chaumontet

Re: [scicos] Re: [scilab-Users] scicos mosfet gate voltage

hi,
for my opinion and my very small experience in sicos
in a such case I share the problem in 2 parts :
- electronic part, I simulate it with pspice and then I define a black box
- physical process (including black box) simulated with sicos, very good

I'm not sure it's the good manner to mix electronic and pysical
process in simulation

in any case thanks a lot to sicos team, very powerfull

bruno

--
Bruno Chaumontet
http://bruno.chaumontet.net