scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

1 Error(s) and 1 Warning(s) detected.
gmake[3]: *** [libscirenderer_la-ConcreteDrawableSubwin.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules/renderer'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules/renderer'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

should I try with a more recent source tree?

Raphaël Langella

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.

If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.

Jonathan Blanchard

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Langella
Raphael<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to compile scilab 5 under Solaris. I've tried under Solaris 9 and 10 with gcc and Sun studio. I've had various errors during the configure about missing symbols in libraries. With Sun Studio under solaris 10, configure works but compilation fails with this error :
>  CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../modules/core/includes -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/jdk/1.6.0/include -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/jdk/1.6.0/include/solaris -I./includes/ -I./src/cpp/ -I./src/jni/ -I../../modules/jvm/includes -I../../modules/graphics/includes/ -I../../modules/graphics/includes/handleDrawing/ -I../../libs/doublylinkedlist/includes -I../../modules/output_stream/includes -I../../modules/graphic_export/includes/ -I../../modules/elementary_functions/includes/ -I../../modules/gui/includes/ -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.10/scilab/5.1.1/include -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/atlas/3.8.2/include -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/ggettext/0.17/include -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/libiconv/1.12/include -I/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/ncurses/5.6/include -g -I../../modules/core/includes/ -I../../libs/MALLOC/includes/ -I../../modules/localization/includes/ -c src/cpp/subwinDrawing/ConcreteDrawableSubwin.cpp  -KPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libscirenderer_la-ConcreteDrawableSubwin.o
> "../../modules/core/includes/machine.h", line 449: Warning (Anachronism): Attempt to redefine _FILE_OFFSET_BITS without using #undef.
> "src/cpp/subwinDrawing/ConcreteDrawableSubwin.cpp", line 514: Error: Could not find a match for std::list<sciPointObj*>::sort(bool(sciPointObj*,sciPointObj*)) needed in sciGraphics::ConcreteDrawableSubwin::sortDisplayedTexts().
> 1 Error(s) and 1 Warning(s) detected.
> gmake[3]: *** [libscirenderer_la-ConcreteDrawableSubwin.lo] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules/renderer'
> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules/renderer'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/Produits/tmp/rla/scilab-5.1.1/modules'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> should I try with a more recent source tree?
> Raphaël Langella

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de
> Jonathan Blanchard
> Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
> Hi,
> Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent
> version of gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
> If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
> Jonathan Blanchard

In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or directory

But then I get this error:

src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory

Next, I get this error:

src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'

isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.

So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
After:
#ifndef max
#define max(a,b) ((a) >= (b) ? (a) : (b))
#endif

(sizeof (x) == sizeof (long double) ? isinf_ld (x) \
        : sizeof (x) == sizeof (double) ? isinf_d (x) \
        : isinf_f (x))
static inline int isinf_f  (float       x) { return isnan (x - x); }
static inline int isinf_d  (double      x) { return isnan (x - x); }
static inline int isinf_ld (long double x) { return isnan (x - x); }

The last file (scilab-bin) fails with this error:

Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/scilab-bin

Next, I get this error:
./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>. Please contact us.
ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

But make install fails:

/bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'

I'm not sure what's wrong here.

By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?

Raphaël Langella

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Langella Raphael [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Envoyé : jeudi 20 août 2009 09:44
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : RE: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
> > -----Message d'origine-----
> > De : [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part
> de Jonathan
> > Blanchard Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45 À :
> > Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
> > Hi,
> > Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
> > gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
> >
> > If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
> > Jonathan Blanchard
> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way,
> it's Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such
> file or directory
> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think
> those functions are defined in unistd.h).
> But then I get this error:
> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced
> <stdint.h> with <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with
> mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
> Next, I get this error:
> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'
> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
> libintl_dgettext
> /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs
> /libscilocalization.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> .libs/scilab-bin
> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it
> to LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
> Next, I get this error:
> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
> modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>.
> Please contact us.
> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such
> file or directory Killed
> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the
> scilab scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
> But make install fails:
> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
> $file
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> dules/blas/$dir" ;
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644
> "$file"
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
> Raphaël Langella

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

In reply to this post by Langella Raphael
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Langella
Raphael<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> -----Message d'origine-----
>> De : [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de
>> Jonathan Blanchard
>> Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45
>> À : [hidden email]
>> Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
>> Hi,
>> Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent
>> version of gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
>> If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
>> Jonathan Blanchard
> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way, it's Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or directory
> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think those functions are defined in unistd.h).
> But then I get this error:
> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced <stdint.h> with <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
> Next, I get this error:
> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'
> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
> After:
> #ifndef max
> #define max(a,b) ((a) >= (b) ? (a) : (b))
> #endif
> static inline int isinf_f  (float       x) { return isnan (x - x); }
> static inline int isinf_d  (double      x) { return isnan (x - x); }
> static inline int isinf_ld (long double x) { return isnan (x - x); }
> The last file (scilab-bin) fails with this error:
> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset     /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> libintl_gettext                     /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/graphic_export/.libs/libscigraphic_export.so
> libintl_textdomain                  /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> libiconv_close                      /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> libiconv_open                       /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> libintl_bindtextdomain              /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> libintl_dgettext                    /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscilocalization.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/scilab-bin
> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it to LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
> Next, I get this error:
> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>. Please contact us.
> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed
> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the scilab scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
> But make install fails:
> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if any) --------";  for dir in macros/  ; do  /bin/bash /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/config/install-sh -d /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/modules/blas/$dir &&  if test -d ./$dir/; then  FILELIST="./$dir/*.sci ./$dir/*.bin ./$dir/*.sce ./$dir/names ./$dir/lib"; for specialExt in ; do  specialExtDir="$specialExtDir ./$dir/$specialExt";  done;  FILELIST="$FILELIST $specialExtDir";  for file in `ls -1 $FILELIST 2>/dev/null`; do  echo "/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644 $file /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/modules/blas/$dir" ;  /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644 "$file" /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/modules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
> Raphaël Langella

Well SPARC was a supported platform way back for Scilab 4. It still
builds but I seriously doubt you can make it work for Solaris 9.

As a pointer though you might want to add -Dsolaris -Dsun to the
compiler flags for all three of C,C++ and FF compiler. I use something
like this :

export CFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"
export CPPFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"
export FFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"

This should fix at least the isnan and stuff.

Next for the Java configuration you will have to hack the java.m4
script to point where java is located. I could try to find back my
files on that subject but it's going to take a while.

Jonathan Blanchard

>> de Jonathan
>> > Blanchard Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45 À :
>> [hidden email]
>> > Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
>> > Hi,
>> > Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
>> > gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
>> >
>> > If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
>> > Jonathan Blanchard
>> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way,
>> it's Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
>> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
>> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such
>> file or directory
>> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think
>> those functions are defined in unistd.h).
>> But then I get this error:
>> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
>> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced
>> <stdint.h> with <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with
>> mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'
>> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
>> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
>> libiconv_open
>> libintl_bindtextdomain
>> libintl_dgettext
>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>> .libs/scilab-bin
>> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it
>> to LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
>> modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
>> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>.
>> Please contact us.
>> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such
>> file or directory Killed
>> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the
>> scilab scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
>> But make install fails:
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
>> $file
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir" ;
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644
>> "$file"
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
>> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
>> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
>> Raphaël Langella
> So, the "make install" failed, but I can start scilab from the build dir. It starts, but when I try to run a demo to test it, nothing appears in the window, and this error is printed many times on the terminal:
> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
> If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown, check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl libraries

You need to have the thirdparty folder copied into the source
directory of Scilab. You can take it from the linux prerequesites
package on the scilan download page. Also you will have to download
JOGL and place it in that thirdparty folder and get the libs somewhere
the binaries can find them.

Jonathan Blanchard

>> > Blanchard Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45 À :
>> [hidden email]
>> > Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris
>> > 10
>> > Hi,
>> > Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
>> > gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
>> >
>> > If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
>> > Jonathan Blanchard
>> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way, it's
>> Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
>> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
>> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think those
>> functions are defined in unistd.h).
>> But then I get this error:
>> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
>> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced <stdint.h> with
>> <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'
>> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
>> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
>> libiconv_open
>> libintl_bindtextdomain
>> libintl_dgettext
>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>> .libs/scilab-bin
>> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it to
>> LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
>> modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
>> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>.
>> Please contact us.
>> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such file or
>> directory Killed
>> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the scilab
>> scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
>> But make install fails:
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
>> any) --------";  for dir in macros/  ; do  /bin/bash
>> /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/config/install-sh -d
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir &&  if test -d ./$dir/; then FILELIST="./$dir/*.sci
>> ./$dir/*.bin ./$dir/*.sce ./$dir/names ./$dir/lib"; for specialExt in
>> ; do specialExtDir="$specialExtDir ./$dir/$specialExt";  done;
>> FILELIST="$FILELIST $specialExtDir";  for file in `ls -1 $FILELIST
>> 2>/dev/null`; do  echo "/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install
>> -c -m 644 $file
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir" ;
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644 "$file"
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
>> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
>> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
>> Raphaël Langella
> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
> If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
> check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
> libraries

You need to have the thirdparty folder copied into the source directory of Scilab. You can take it from the linux prerequesites package on the scilan download page. Also you will have to download JOGL and place it in that thirdparty folder and get the libs somewhere the binaries can find them.

Jonathan Blanchard

Vergnes Nicolas Vergnes Nicolas

RE: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Ok is here : https://jogl.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=11509&expandFolder=11509&folderID=0

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Vergnes Nicolas [mailto:[hidden email]]
Envoyé : jeudi 20 août 2009 16:13
À : [hidden email]
Objet : RE: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

nicolas Vergnes

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Jonathan Blanchard Envoyé : jeudi 20 août 2009 16:08 À : [hidden email] Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Langella Raphael<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Blanchard Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45 À :
>> [hidden email]
>> > Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris
>> > 10
>> > Hi,
>> > Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
>> > gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
>> >
>> > If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
>> > Jonathan Blanchard
>> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way, it's
>> Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
>> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
>> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think those
>> functions are defined in unistd.h).
>> But then I get this error:
>> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
>> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced <stdint.h> with
>> <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
>> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression before 'return'
>> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
>> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
>> libiconv_open
>> libintl_bindtextdomain
>> libintl_dgettext
>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>> .libs/scilab-bin
>> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it to
>> LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
>> Next, I get this error:
>> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
>> modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
>> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>.
>> Please contact us.
>> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such file or
>> directory Killed
>> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the scilab
>> scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
>> But make install fails:
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
>> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
>> any) --------";  for dir in macros/  ; do  /bin/bash
>> /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/config/install-sh -d
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir &&  if test -d ./$dir/; then FILELIST="./$dir/*.sci
>> ./$dir/*.bin ./$dir/*.sce ./$dir/names ./$dir/lib"; for specialExt in
>> ; do specialExtDir="$specialExtDir ./$dir/$specialExt";  done;
>> FILELIST="$FILELIST $specialExtDir";  for file in `ls -1 $FILELIST
>> 2>/dev/null`; do  echo "/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install
>> -c -m 644 $file
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir" ;
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644 "$file"
>> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
>> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
>> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
>> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
>> Raphaël Langella
> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
> If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
> check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
> libraries

Jonathan Blanchard

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

In reply to this post by Vergnes Nicolas
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Vergnes
Nicolas<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you know where we can find JOGL libraries sources or binaries for sparc ? I never found it..
> Regards,

> >> > 10
> >> >
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent
> version of
> >> > gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
> >> >
> >> > If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
> >> >
> >> > Jonathan Blanchard
> >> OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the way, it's
> >> Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
> >> In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
> >> src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No
> such file or
> >> directory
> >> So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I think those
> >> functions are defined in unistd.h).
> >> But then I get this error:
> >> src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
> >> So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced
> <stdint.h> with
> >> <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
> >> Next, I get this error:
> >> src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
> >> src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression
> before 'return'
> >>
> >> isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
> >> So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
> >> After:
> >> #ifndef max
> >> #define max(a,b) ((a) >= (b) ? (a) : (b)) #endif
> >> I added:
> >> # define isnan(x) \
> >>       (sizeof (x) == sizeof (long double) ? isnan_ld (x) \
> >>       : sizeof (x) == sizeof (double) ? isnan_d (x) \
> >>       : isnan_f (x))
> >> static inline int isnan_f  (float       x) { return x !=
> x; } static
> >> inline int isnan_d  (double      x) { return x != x; }
> static inline
> >> int isnan_ld (long double x) { return x != x; }
> >> # define isinf(x) \
> >>       (sizeof (x) == sizeof (long double) ? isinf_ld (x) \
> >>       : sizeof (x) == sizeof (double) ? isinf_d (x) \
> >>       : isinf_f (x))
> >> static inline int isinf_f  (float       x) { return isnan
> >> libintl_dgettext
> >> /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs
> >> /libscilocalization.so
> >> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> >> .libs/scilab-bin
> >> The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added it to
> >> LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
> >> Next, I get this error:
> >> ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
> >> modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
> >> Could not find the Java configuration for the model <sun4u>.
> >> Please contact us.
> >> ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No
> such file or
> >> directory Killed
> >> uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the scilab
> >> scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
> >> But make install fails:
> >>
> >> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
> >> /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
> >> FILELIST="$FILELIST $specialExtDir";  for file in `ls -1 $FILELIST
> >> 2>/dev/null`; do  echo
> "/Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install
> >> -c -m 644 $file
> >> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> >> dules/blas/$dir" ;
> >> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644 "$file"
> >> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> >> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what's wrong here.
> >>
> >> By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
> >> Raphaël Langella
> > So, the "make install" failed, but I can start scilab from
> the build dir. It starts, but when I try to run a demo to
> test it, nothing appears in the window, and this error is
> printed many times on the terminal:
> > An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
> > org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
> > If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has
> been thrown,
> > check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
> > libraries
> >
> You need to have the thirdparty folder copied into the source
> directory of Scilab. You can take it from the linux
> prerequesites package on the scilan download page. Also you
> will have to download JOGL and place it in that thirdparty
> folder and get the libs somewhere the binaries can find them.
> Jonathan Blanchard

OK, thanks. I tried that, but now I get this :

An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION

So I guess it doesn't work with a remote cygwin-xfree display. I'll try tomorrow with Exceed. Also, any idea about the "make install" error with the macros?

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

> >> De : [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de
> >> Jonathan Blanchard Envoyé : mardi 18 août 2009 18:45 À :
> >> [hidden email] Objet : Re: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1
> >> compilation under Solaris 10
> >> Hi,
> >> Sun Studio 12 won't work and you must use a very recent version of
> >> gcc. Preferably 4.3.3 or 4.3.4.
> >>
> >> If you get any errors with GCC you can post them here.
> >> Jonathan Blanchard
> > OK, so I've tried with gcc 4.3.3 under Solaris 9 (by the
> way, it's Solaris/SPARC). I get this error:
> > In file included from src/c/callDynamicGateway.c:16:
> > src/c/getdynamicdebuginfo.c:28:20: error: getopt.h: No such file or
> > directory
> > So, I've tried commenting this include and it works (I
> think those functions are defined in unistd.h).
> > But then I get this error:
> > src/c/mput.c:16:21: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
> > So I edited modules/fileio/src/c/mput.c and replaced
> <stdint.h> with <inttypes.h>. I also had to do it with
> mget.c, mputi.c and mgeti.c.
> > Next, I get this error:
> > src/c/evaluate_expr.c: In function 'evaluate_expr':
> > src/c/evaluate_expr.c:517: error: expected expression
> before 'return'
> >
> > isnan and isint aren't defined in math.h under Solaris 9.
> > So I edited modules/scicos_blocks/src/c/evaluate_expr.c :
> > After:
> > #ifndef max
> > #define max(a,b) ((a) >= (b) ? (a) : (b)) #endif
> > I added:
> > # define isnan(x) \
> >        (sizeof (x) == sizeof (long double) ? isnan_ld (x) \
> >        : sizeof (x) == sizeof (double) ? isnan_d (x) \
> >        : isnan_f (x))
> > static inline int isnan_f  (float       x) { return x != x;
> } static
> > inline int isnan_d  (double      x) { return x != x; }
> static inline
> > int isnan_ld (long double x) { return x != x; }
> > # define isinf(x) \
> >        (sizeof (x) == sizeof (long double) ? isinf_ld (x) \
> >        : sizeof (x) == sizeof (double) ? isinf_d (x) \
> >        : isinf_f (x))
> > static inline int isinf_f  (float       x) { return isnan
> > ocalization.so libintl_dgettext
> /Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1/modules/localization/.libs/libscil
> > ocalization.so
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> > .libs/scilab-bin
> > The command line is missing -lintl and -liconv. I've added
> it to LDFLAGS, rerun configure and it works.
> > Next, I get this error:
> > ./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
> > modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
> > Could not find the Java configuration for the model
> <sun4u>. Please contact us.
> > ld.so.1: scilab-bin: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No
> such file or
> > directory Killed
> > uname -m returns sun4u and not sparc. I've corrected the
> scilab scripts so it recognize sun4u. I've rerun gmake, it works!
> > But make install fails:
> >
> > /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
> > /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `echo "-------- Install macros (if
> $file
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> dules/blas/$dir" ;
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/bin/install -c -m 644
> "$file"
> /Produits/publics/sparc.SunOS.5.9/scilab/5.1.1/share/scilab/mo
> dules/blas/$dir ;  done;  fi;  done'
> >
> > I'm not sure what's wrong here.
> >
> > By the way, is Solaris/SPARC a supported plateform?
> > Raphaël Langella
> Well SPARC was a supported platform way back for Scilab 4. It
> still builds but I seriously doubt you can make it work for Solaris 9.
> As a pointer though you might want to add -Dsolaris -Dsun to
> the compiler flags for all three of C,C++ and FF compiler. I
> use something like this :
> export CFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"
> export CPPFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"
> export FFLAGS="-Dsolaris -Dsun"
> This should fix at least the isnan and stuff.

Well, I tried setting those variables, but it didn't fix the isnan/isint, nor any of the other problem I had.

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

In reply to this post by Langella Raphael
> OK, thanks. I tried that, but now I get this :
> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
> glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION
> So I guess it doesn't work with a remote cygwin-xfree
> display. I'll try tomorrow with Exceed. Also, any idea about
> the "make install" error with the macros?

So, here is the error with Exceed:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:997)
javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1323)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.draw(Unknown
Source)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTabBridge.draw(Unknown
Source)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.ScilabBridge.draw(Unknown
Source)
        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTab.draw(Unknown Source)
org.scilab.modules.gui.graphicWindow.ScilabRendererProperties.forceDispl
ay(Unknown Source)
org.scilab.modules.renderer.figureDrawing.DrawableFigureGL.drawCanvas(Un
known Source)
Caused by: javax.media.opengl.GLException: Error making context current
com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLContext.makeCurrentImpl(X11GLContext.java:1

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Langella
Raphael<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> OK, thanks. I tried that, but now I get this :
>> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
>> glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION
>> So I guess it doesn't work with a remote cygwin-xfree
>> display. I'll try tomorrow with Exceed. Also, any idea about
>> the "make install" error with the macros?
> So, here is the error with Exceed:
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>        at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:997)
> javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1323)
>        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.draw(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTabBridge.draw(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.ScilabBridge.draw(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTab.draw(Unknown Source)
> org.scilab.modules.gui.graphicWindow.ScilabRendererProperties.forceDispl
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b16 mixed mode, sharing
> solaris-sparc)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [libX11.so.4+0x1d87c]  XQueryExtension+0x4
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /nfs/Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1-first_build/hs_err_pid3490.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
> Abort - core dumped

Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly. But it's
graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on Sol9 and might not
work at all. May I ask why you need Scilab on Sol9 specifically?

As a last resort try updating java to the latest version if possible
and maybe building with libmesa, an updated version is available from
Blastwave I think.

> Raphael<[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> OK, thanks. I tried that, but now I get this :
> >> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
> >> glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION
> >> So I guess it doesn't work with a remote cygwin-xfree
> display. I'll
> >> try tomorrow with Exceed. Also, any idea about the "make install"
> >> error with the macros?
> > So, here is the error with Exceed:
> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >        at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:997)
> > javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1323)
> > org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.draw(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTabBridge.draw(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.ScilabBridge.draw(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTab.draw(Unknown Source)
> org.scilab.modules.gui.graphicWindow.ScilabRendererProperties.forceDis
> > re
> > enGLContext.java:74)
> com.sun.opengl.impl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:134)
> com.sun.opengl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:18
> > 2)
> > javax.media.opengl.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:661)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1027)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
> >        at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:564)
> > org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabAxes.paint(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
> >        at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(JViewport.java:747)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.paintChildren(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
> org.flexdock.docking.defaults.DefaultDockingPort.paint(DefaultDockingP
> > or
> > t.java:1976)
> > javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5122)
> javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPai
> ntManager.
> > java:277)
> >        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1217)
> > javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5070)
> > javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4880)
> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.paintImmediately(Unkn
> > ow
> > n Source)
> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab$1.run(Unknown Source)
> > java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
> >        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispa
> > #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xfb61d87c, pid=3490, tid=33 # #
> Java VM: Java
> > HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b16 mixed mode, sharing
> > solaris-sparc)
> > # Problematic frame:
> > # C  [libX11.so.4+0x1d87c]  XQueryExtension+0x4 # # An error report
> > file with more information is saved as:
> > #
> /nfs/Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1-first_build/hs_err_pid3490.log
> > #
> > # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> > #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> > #
> > Abort - core dumped
> >
> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need Scilab
> on Sol9 specifically?

> As a last resort try updating java to the latest version if
> possible and maybe building with libmesa, an updated version
> is available from Blastwave I think.

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

>> >>
>> >> An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
>> >> glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION
>> >>
>> >> So I guess it doesn't work with a remote cygwin-xfree
>> display. I'll
>> >> try tomorrow with Exceed. Also, any idea about the "make install"
>> >> error with the macros?
>> >>
>> > So, here is the error with Exceed:
>> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> >        at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:997)
>> > javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1323)
>> > org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.draw(Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTabBridge.draw(Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.ScilabBridge.draw(Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >        at org.scilab.modules.gui.tab.ScilabTab.draw(Unknown Source)
>> org.scilab.modules.gui.graphicWindow.ScilabRendererProperties.forceDis
>> > re
>> > enGLContext.java:74)
>> com.sun.opengl.impl.GLContextImpl.makeCurrent(GLContextImpl.java:134)
>> com.sun.opengl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:18
>> > 2)
>> > javax.media.opengl.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:661)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1027)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
>> >        at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:564)
>> > org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabAxes.paint(Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
>> >        at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(JViewport.java:747)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
>> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.paintChildren(Unknown
>> > Source)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:864)
>> >        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1036)
>> org.flexdock.docking.defaults.DefaultDockingPort.paint(DefaultDockingP
>> > or
>> > t.java:1976)
>> > javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5122)
>> javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPai
>> ntManager.
>> > java:277)
>> >        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1217)
>> > javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5070)
>> > javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4880)
>> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab.paintImmediately(Unkn
>> > ow
>> > n Source)
>> org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.tab.SwingScilabTab$1.run(Unknown Source)
>> > java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
>> >        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
>> java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispa
>> > #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xfb61d87c, pid=3490, tid=33 # #
>> Java VM: Java
>> > HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b16 mixed mode, sharing
>> > solaris-sparc)
>> > # Problematic frame:
>> > # C  [libX11.so.4+0x1d87c]  XQueryExtension+0x4 # # An error report
>> > file with more information is saved as:
>> > #
>> /nfs/Produits/tmp/rla/Sol9/scilab-5.1.1-first_build/hs_err_pid3490.log
>> > #
>> > # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
>> > #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
>> > #
>> > Abort - core dumped
>> >
>> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
>> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
>> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need Scilab
>> on Sol9 specifically?
> Well, the reason is I don't have a working gcc 4.3.x under Solaris 10! But I'm compiling it right now, so I'll try under Solaris 10 next week.
>> As a last resort try updating java to the latest version if
>> possible and maybe building with libmesa, an updated version
>> is available from Blastwave I think.
> OK, I'll try that, thanks. How do I build scilab with libmesa? I didn't see any OpenGL related option in configure.

Well it just need to be found first at build and run time. At build
time you may add the directory using either -L -R. For some reason
though something somewhere encode the system library in the rpaths so
unless you can edit the rpath you will have to either LD_PRELOAD it or
*ouch* use LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the Scilab startup script.

Jonathan Blanchard

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

RE: scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

> >> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
> >> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
> >> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need
> Scilab on Sol9
> >> specifically?

OK, so I compiled it on Solaris 10 and it was much easier. I still had
to add isnan and isinf definition to evaluate_expr.c and to change
scilab script to recognize sun4u but that's all. Also, make install just
works.
But I still have some problem with jogl. I put the jar files in
thirdparty, and I tried to put the .so files in bin, lib, thirdparty, I
tried to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, but whatever I do, I always
get this error on the terminal as soon as I select something from the
Demos menu (Simulation for example):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in
java.library.path
wn Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.CallScilabBridge.useCanvasForDisplay(Unkno
wn Source)

And then, when I run the demo, this error is printed in loop:

An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
libraries

and this on the scilab window :

Startup execution:
  loading initial environment
  !--error 999
set: The handle is not or no more valid.
at line       4 of function generic_i_h called by :
line     2 of function %s_i_h called by :
line    91 of function show called by :
show(x);
line    21 of exec file called by :
mo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo =
%oldg
while executing a callback

The funny part is that if I try to run it from the build directory, the
jogl libraries are found! But then, when I run a demo, it crashes with
this error:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xfb9320d0, pid=8159, tid=1
# JRE version: 6.0_16-b01
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (14.2-b01 mixed mode, sharing
solaris-
sparc )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.1+0x320d0]  strlen+0x50
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/SD_8159_/hs_err_pid8159.log
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
Abort - core dumped

As you can see, I'm running the latest jre. Do you want the log file
(24k) or the core (290M) ?

Sylvestre Ledru Sylvestre Ledru

Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 16:32 +0200, Langella Raphael a écrit :

> > >> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
> > >> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
> > >> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need
> > Scilab on Sol9
> > >> specifically?
> OK, so I compiled it on Solaris 10 and it was much easier. I still had
> to add isnan and isinf definition to evaluate_expr.c and to change
> scilab script to recognize sun4u but that's all. Also, make install just
> works.
> But I still have some problem with jogl. I put the jar files in
> thirdparty, and I tried to put the .so files in bin, lib, thirdparty, I
> tried to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, but whatever I do, I always
> get this error on the terminal as soon as I select something from the
> Demos menu (Simulation for example):
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in
> java.library.path
Try to update etc/librarypath.xml and add the path to the
libjogl.{so,dynlib,dll} etc.

Sylvestre

Langella Raphael Langella Raphael

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Sylvestre Ledru [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 26 août 2009 19:04
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : RE: [scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10
> Hello,
> Le mercredi 26 août 2009 à 16:32 +0200, Langella Raphael a écrit :
> > > >> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
> > > >> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
> > > >> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need
> > > Scilab on Sol9
> > > >> specifically?
> >
> > OK, so I compiled it on Solaris 10 and it was much easier.
> I still had
> > to add isnan and isinf definition to evaluate_expr.c and to change
> > scilab script to recognize sun4u but that's all. Also, make install
> > just works.
> > But I still have some problem with jogl. I put the jar files in
> > thirdparty, and I tried to put the .so files in bin, lib,
> thirdparty,
> > I tried to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, but whatever I do, I
> > always get this error on the terminal as soon as I select something
> > from the Demos menu (Simulation for example):
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> no jogl in
> > java.library.path
> Try to update etc/librarypath.xml and add the path to the
> libjogl.{so,dynlib,dll} etc.
> Sylvestre

<path value="$SCILAB/bin"/> in librarypath.xml

<path value="$SCILAB/../../lib"/>

Should I try to compile it with libmesa? Would it help? Any other idea?

sylvestre sylvestre

> > > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> > no jogl in
> > > java.library.path
> > Try to update etc/librarypath.xml and add the path to the
> > libjogl.{so,dynlib,dll} etc.
> > Sylvestre
> >
> Well, I thought it already was, because I put the libjogl.so in bin and there is
> <path value="$SCILAB/bin"/> in librarypath.xml
> But then I realised $SCILAB points to share/scilab, not the base dir of the scilab installation. So, I put the libraries in lib and add that to librarypath.xml :
> <path value="$SCILAB/../../lib"/>
> Now the libraries are found. But when it tries to draw, it just freeze. Nothing happens and the GUI is completely unresponsive.
> Should I try to compile it with libmesa? Would it help? Any other idea?
Yep, mesa can be pretty helpful (or update the driver of your video
card). You can also have a look to the function usecanvas.

Sylvestre

sylvestre sylvestre

In reply to this post by Langella Raphael
> > > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> > no jogl in
> > > java.library.path
> > Try to update etc/librarypath.xml and add the path to the
> > libjogl.{so,dynlib,dll} etc.
> > Sylvestre
> <path value="$SCILAB/bin"/> in librarypath.xml
> <path value="$SCILAB/../../lib"/>
> Should I try to compile it with libmesa? Would it help? Any other idea?
Yep, mesa can be pretty helpful (or update the driver of your video
card). You can also have a look to the function usecanvas.

Sylvestre