scilab doesn't display properly in awesome

abellong abellong

scilab doesn't display properly in awesome

Hello, I am using ubuntu 10.04, scilab works quite right in gnome. Recently I turned to awesome window manager. However after run ./bin/scilab, the window created is empty. I could do nothing with it. What seems to be the problem?

Thanks!

Best Regards

Re: scilab doesn't display properly in awesome

Le mardi 27 septembre 2011 à 17:20 +0800, 龙永彪 a écrit :
> Hello, I am using ubuntu 10.04, scilab works quite right in gnome.
> Recently I turned to awesome window manager. However after
> run ./bin/scilab, the window created is empty.
What do you mean by "empty" ?
I am using awesome on a daily basis without any problem.

Sylvestre

abellong abellong

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Sylvestre Ledru <[hidden email]> wrote:
What do you mean by "empty" ?
I am using awesome on a daily basis without any problem.

Thank you! I mean the window displays nothing, there's no console, as is shown belowScreenshot-1.png

Best Regards
Maso Ricci Maso Ricci

ATOMS question

Hi

my ATOMS windows shows only the installed package. Shouldn't also
display all the ATOMS package available for installation ?

and then

Is there any good PCA ATOMS package ?

thanks

/maso

Maso RICCI PhD
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico
Università degli Studi di Siena
Via Aldo Moro,2 Siena
phone: +390577234367
email: [hidden email]
Mathieu Dubois Mathieu Dubois

Re: ATOMS question

On 09/27/2011 01:07 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
> Hi
>
> my ATOMS windows shows only the installed package. Shouldn't also
> display all the ATOMS package available for installation ?
You can see the list of available modules on the left hand side of the
window ordered by category. Just click on a category to display the modules.

> and then
>
> Is there any good PCA ATOMS package ?
PCA is already in scilab (see princomp and pca functions).

> thanks
>
> /maso

> Maso RICCI PhD
> Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico
> Università degli Studi di Siena
> Via Aldo Moro,2 Siena
> phone: +390577234367
> email: [hidden email]

Adrien Vogt-Schilb Adrien Vogt-Schilb

Re: ATOMS question

if searching for more sophisticated tools, you can have a look at grocer  http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/grocer/1.46/

--
Adrien Vogt-Schilb (Cired)
Tel: (+33) 1 43 94 73 77
Maso Ricci Maso Ricci

Re: ATOMS question

Mathieu,

thanks for you email.

I clicked the list and it only displays the installed module (see the
picture).

It looks like my scilab doesn't access to the "ATOMS server" to retrieve
the list of all the packages.

/maso

atoms.jpg (162K) Download Attachment

On 09/27/2011 02:07 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> thanks for you email.
>
> I clicked the list and it only displays the installed module (see the
> picture).
>
> It looks like my scilab doesn't access to the "ATOMS server" to
> retrieve the list of all the packages.
Hum, did you check your internet connectivity (proxy settings, etc)?
You can configure that whith atomsSetConfig.

What's the output of atomsRepositoryList()?

> /maso
>

> Il 27/09/2011 13.40, Mathieu Dubois ha scritto:
>> On 09/27/2011 01:07 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> my ATOMS windows shows only the installed package. Shouldn't also
>>> display all the ATOMS package available for installation ?
>> You can see the list of available modules on the left hand side of
>> the window ordered by category. Just click on a category to display
>> the modules.
>>>
>>> and then
>>>
>>> Is there any good PCA ATOMS package ?
>> PCA is already in scilab (see princomp and pca functions).
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> /maso

>>> Maso RICCI PhD
>>> Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico
>>> Università degli Studi di Siena
>>> Via Aldo Moro,2 Siena
>>> phone: +390577234367
>>> email: [hidden email]

Nirley Gupta Nirley Gupta

Re: ATOMS question

In my ATOMS Module, there is no IPD toolbox available.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Mathieu Dubois <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

phone: <a href="tel:%2B390577234367" value="+390577234367" target="_blank">+390577234367
email: [hidden email]

Maso Ricci Maso Ricci

Re: ATOMS question

this is the answer...

atomsRepositoryList()
  ans  =

      []

and I also tryed this:

atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
  !--error 10000
atomsDESCRIPTIONget: Extraction of the DESCRIPTION file
('C:\DOCUME~1\Maso\IMPOST~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_1496_\.atoms\2_TOOLBOXES.gz')
has failed.
at line      92 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget called by :
at line      11 of function atomsSystemUpdate called by :
at line      97 of function atomsSetConfig called by :
  atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')

the funny thing is that last week I was working with scilab 5.3 and I
had all the modules displayed... so I think I made something wrong maybe
during the installation ... dont really know

/maso

On 09/27/2011 02:45 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
> this is the answer...
>
> atomsRepositoryList()
>  ans  =
>
>      []
You can try to restore the original repo with atomsRepositoryAdd (the
url is "http://atoms.scilab.org/5.3").

> and I also tryed this:
>
> atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
>  !--error 10000
> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: Extraction of the DESCRIPTION file
> ('C:\DOCUME~1\Maso\IMPOST~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_1496_\.atoms\2_TOOLBOXES.gz')
> has failed.
> at line      92 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget called by :
> at line      11 of function atomsSystemUpdate called by :
> at line      97 of function atomsSetConfig called by :
>  atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
>
> the funny thing is that last week I was working with scilab 5.3 and I
> had all the modules displayed... so I think I made something wrong
> maybe during the installation ... dont really know
>
> /maso
>
> Il 27/09/2011 14.33, Mathieu Dubois ha scritto:
>> On 09/27/2011 02:07 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
>>> Mathieu,
>>>
>>> thanks for you email.
>>>
>>> I clicked the list and it only displays the installed module (see
>>> the picture).
>>>
>>> It looks like my scilab doesn't access to the "ATOMS server" to
>>> retrieve the list of all the packages.
>> Hum, did you check your internet connectivity (proxy settings, etc)?
>> You can configure that whith atomsSetConfig.
>>
>> What's the output of atomsRepositoryList()?
>>

>>> /maso

Maso Ricci Maso Ricci

Re: ATOMS question

unistalled/installed => works

was easy :)

feeling like a scilab developer :)

/maso

Il 27/09/2011 14.51, Mathieu Dubois ha scritto:

> On 09/27/2011 02:45 PM, Maso RICCI wrote:
>> this is the answer...
>>
>> atomsRepositoryList()
>>  ans  =
>>
>>      []
> You can try to restore the original repo with atomsRepositoryAdd (the
> url is "http://atoms.scilab.org/5.3").
>>
>> and I also tryed this:
>>
>> atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
>>  !--error 10000
>> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: Extraction of the DESCRIPTION file
>> ('C:\DOCUME~1\Maso\IMPOST~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_1496_\.atoms\2_TOOLBOXES.gz') has
>> failed.
>> at line      92 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget called by :
>> at line      11 of function atomsSystemUpdate called by :
>> at line      97 of function atomsSetConfig called by :
>>  atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
>>
>> the funny thing is that last week I was working with scilab 5.3 and I
>> had all the modules displayed... so I think I made something wrong
>> maybe during the installation ... dont really know
>>
>> /maso

>>> Hum, did you check your internet connectivity (proxy settings, etc)?
>>> You can configure that whith atomsSetConfig.
>>>
>>> What's the output of atomsRepositoryList()?

Maso RICCI PhD
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico
Università degli Studi di Siena
Via Aldo Moro,2
Siena

phone: +390577234367
email: [hidden email]

Francois Vogel-2 Francois Vogel-2

Re: ATOMS question

Maso RICCI said on 27/09/2011 14:45:

>I also tryed this:
>
> atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')
> !--error 10000
> atomsDESCRIPTIONget: Extraction of the DESCRIPTION file
> ('C:\DOCUME~1\Maso\IMPOST~1\Temp\SCI_TMP_1496_\.atoms\2_TOOLBOXES.gz')
> has failed.
> at line 92 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget called by :
> at line 11 of function atomsSystemUpdate called by :
> at line 97 of function atomsSetConfig called by :
> atomsSetConfig('offLine' , 'false')

atomsSetConfig("offLine","False") launches atomsSystemUpdate which
tries to connect to an atoms repository through the internet.
My guess is you issued that command while you were not connected to
the internet, which is the reason why it failed.

F.
gug gug

Re: scilab doesn't display properly in awesome

This post was updated on .
I had the same problem and it seems the dedicated shell window doesn't work with a lot of tiling windows manager... (awesome, xmonad...)
(I guess there's sth wrong with the configuration, maybe an option to change...)
A way to avoid this issue is to execute scilab with the nw option,
./bin/scilab -nw
(it'll use the system shell and open a dedicated window for plots)

Sylvestre Ledru-4 Sylvestre Ledru-4

Le mercredi 22 février 2012 à 10:38 -0800, gug a écrit :
> I had the same problem and it seems the dedicated shell window doesn't work
> with a lot of tiling windows manager... (awesome, xmonad...)
I am using awesome on a daily base and I don't see any problem with
Scilab.

Could you record a video showing your problem and submit a bug report ?

thanks

--
Sylvestre Ledru