scilab graphics and intel (linux)

Rodrigo Fresneda Rodrigo Fresneda

scilab graphics and intel (linux)

Dear fellow scilab users,

is there a solution for scilab's
graphics rendering under linux with
an intel graphics cards and direct
rendering enabled?
I am running scilab 5.2.2 (debian package) and
the stock debian kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 on debian stable.

best,
rodrigo.

Jonathan Blanchard Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab graphics and intel (linux)

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Rodrigo Fresneda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear fellow scilab users,
>
> is there a solution for scilab's
> graphics rendering under linux with
> an intel graphics cards and direct
> rendering enabled?
> I am running scilab 5.2.2 (debian package) and
> the stock debian kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 on debian stable.
>
> best,
> rodrigo.

I generally have to disable direct rendering when using Scilab. This
can be done by setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT to 1 before starting
Scilab. I'm not aware of the issue with intel and DRI under Linux but
it might help.

Jonathan Blanchard
Rodrigo Fresneda Rodrigo Fresneda

Re: scilab graphics and intel (linux)

Thanks for the workaround, Jonathan. Is this fixed in newer
versions of Scilab?

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 14:15 -0300, Jonathan Blanchard wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Rodrigo Fresneda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Dear fellow scilab users,
> >
> > is there a solution for scilab's
> > graphics rendering under linux with
> > an intel graphics cards and direct
> > rendering enabled?
> > I am running scilab 5.2.2 (debian package) and
> > the stock debian kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 on debian stable.
> >
> > best,
> > rodrigo.
> >

> I generally have to disable direct rendering when using Scilab. This
> can be done by setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT to 1 before starting
> Scilab. I'm not aware of the issue with intel and DRI under Linux but
> it might help.
>
> Jonathan Blanchard

Re: scilab graphics and intel (linux)

Thanks Jonathan.

Rodrigo, most of the graphic issues (most of them are coming from OpenGL
driver issues) should be fixed with Scilab 5.4.0.

Sylvestre