scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

Aditya Shirolkar Aditya Shirolkar

scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

Hi,

I tried to install scilab (Scilab 5.3.2 for 64 bits) on a fedora-15 x86_64 system.
The installation failed because of lack of dependent libraries.

In particular it failed to load libxss.
I believe there would be others as well.

- can someone point me to a scilab dependency list, if there is one?
(even better would be a repository i can point yum to)

Thanks in advance!

- aditya
gareste gareste

Re: scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

Hi,

http://wiki.scilab.org/Dependencies%20of%20Scilab%205.X should do the trick

Simon

--
Simon Gareste
Support&  Development Engineer

Clément DAVID Clément DAVID

Re: scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

I use Fedora as my main distro and everything works for me.

First, install the dependencies (listed at [0]). Then use the
thirdparties [1] for not provided libraries (jhdf5, jogl, gluegen-rt) or
with wrong version ones (flexdock, saxon)

Put the thirdparties on scilab/bin for shared libraries and on a
thirdparty directory ("scilab/thirdparty") for jars.

After dropping them, you should have :

$ ls bin/*.so
bin/libgluegen-rt.so  bin/libjhdf5.so  bin/libjogl_awt.so
bin/libjogl_cg.so  bin/libjogl.so

$ ls thirdparty/
flexdock-0.5.2.jar  gluegen-rt.jar  jgraphx.jar  jhdf5.jar  jogl.jar
saxon.jar

[0]: http://wiki.scilab.org/Dependencies%20of%20Scilab%205.X
[1]: http://wiki.scilab.org/Compiling Scilab 5.x under GNU-Linux Unix -
FAQ#Some_packages_are_missing_when_I_compile_Scilab_console_module._Where_can_I_find_them_.3F

--
Clément David <[hidden email]>

Aditya Shirolkar Aditya Shirolkar

Re: scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

merci, its up & running.
The thirdparties present in scilab tarball seem sufficient enough, i haven't tried out all features though.

I do hope scilab hits fedora repo soon.

Aditya

xunathan xunathan

Re: scilab on fedora-15 x86_64

hi  ,
I met the same problem before.
I worked it out in this way,
First ,you must check if you have the libXss.so.1 in you fedroa15 by searching  /usr/lib or /lib
if  you   donot have ,you can download it from http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libXss.so.1&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=
and install it .
then you can install scilab,this is my methods.
Gook luck