stiff region and hanging simulation

Shriram Sampat Shriram Sampat

stiff region and hanging simulation

sorry the simulation file is attached now

Ram

Shriram R Sampat
Software Engineer - Embedded Systems

  EK Tronic Ing. R. Nitz
  Tel.: + 49/(0)7154/8311-12
  FAX : + 49/(0)7154/70449
  email: [hidden email]
  www.ektronic.de
  EK Tronic  Ing. R.Nitz
  Enzstr. 9 , 70806 Kornwestheim
  Ust ID:  DE 146160631
  Geschäftsführung: Ing. Richard Nitz

LDU_Sim_001.cos (227K) Download Attachment
dastew dastew

help for a nooby

I am learning SCILAB and SCICOS and I like what I see. Thanks to all.

I am trying to put together a demo of a transmission line. My demo is
made up of many super-blocks  all the same. Each one represents 1 unit
of length of the transmission line and contain a resistor and inductor
in series and then a capacitor to ground. I then can connect a scope to
different locations in the "line" and show my students how a pulse gets
deformed as it travels down the line, and show the reflected waves, etc.

I have a 25 unit line working, but now I want to change the resistor
value, etc.

My question is:

How can I set it up so that I can change a "Global variable" that will
change all my resistors at the same time?

Doug Stewart

Cordero R. Cordero R.

Re: help for a nooby

Dear Mr Stewart

You can define symbolic parameters (variables) in SCICOS.
In SCICOS, go to Diagram ->context. You will see a SCILAB dialog window, where you can define the variables.
For example. I define the variable R =9. Now, I can use, in differents blocks (like constants, gains, etc), the variable "R" instead of a numeric value.
You can modify the value of "R" before every simulation.

Raymundo Cordero
CIEEP-Perú

2008/2/4, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]>:
I am learning SCILAB and SCICOS and I like what I see. Thanks to all.

I am trying to put together a demo of a transmission line. My demo is
made up of many super-blocks  all the same. Each one represents 1 unit
of length of the transmission line and contain a resistor and inductor
in series and then a capacitor to ground. I then can connect a scope to
different locations in the "line" and show my students how a pulse gets
deformed as it travels down the line, and show the reflected waves, etc.

I have a 25 unit line working, but now I want to change the resistor
value, etc.

My question is:

How can I set it up so that I can change a "Global variable" that will
change all my resistors at the same time?

Doug Stewart

dastew dastew

Re: help for a nooby

Thank you Thank you :-)

Cordero R. wrote:

> Dear Mr Stewart
>
> You can define symbolic parameters (variables) in SCICOS.
> In SCICOS, go to Diagram ->context. You will see a SCILAB dialog
> window, where you can define the variables.
> For example. I define the variable R =9. Now, I can use, in differents
> blocks (like constants, gains, etc), the variable "R" instead of a
> numeric value.
> You can modify the value of "R" before every simulation.
>
> Raymundo Cordero
> CIEEP-Perú
>
> 2008/2/4, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     I am learning SCILAB and SCICOS and I like what I see. Thanks to all.
>
>     I am trying to put together a demo of a transmission line. My demo is
>     made up of many super-blocks  all the same. Each one represents 1 unit
>     of length of the transmission line and contain a resistor and inductor
>     in series and then a capacitor to ground. I then can connect a
>     scope to
>     different locations in the "line" and show my students how a pulse
>     gets
>     deformed as it travels down the line, and show the reflected
>     waves, etc.
>
>     I have a 25 unit line working, but now I want to change the resistor
>     value, etc.
>
>     My question is:
>
>     How can I set it up so that I can change a "Global variable" that will
>     change all my resistors at the same time?
>
>     Doug Stewart

Simone Mannori Simone Mannori

Re: help for a nooby

Dear Doug,

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 22:22 -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> I am learning SCILAB and SCICOS and I like what I see. Thanks to all.

We try do do our best.

> I am trying to put together a demo of a transmission line. My demo is
> made up of many super-blocks  all the same. Each one represents 1 unit
> of length of the transmission line and contain a resistor and inductor
> in series and then a capacitor to ground. I then can connect a scope to
> different locations in the "line" and show my students how a pulse gets
> deformed as it travels down the line, and show the reflected waves, etc.

Very nice :)

> I have a 25 unit line working, but now I want to change the resistor
> value, etc.

I know the game :)

> My question is:
>
> How can I set it up so that I can change a "Global variable" that will
> change all my resistors at the same time?

Easy: use a variable in the "Contex" of Scicos.

How to use the "contex" ? Look inside the Scicos help pages.

I don't like the "contex" mechanism. It is contorted and not easy to
understand for the beginner. I lost weeks for "contex" related issues.
"Workspace" is concept a more understandable for the newbie.

                  General consideration for ALL:

if you have question, ANY question about Scilab/Scicos, please attach
your experimental files. Does not matter if they are broken or buggy:
we will fix and send back to you ASAP.

Look at a clean, working and well commented ("//** :) ") example is:
- more simple and efficient for us ;
- more useful for you.

I'm keeping a data base of all the "Scilab/Scicos Service Support" with
the idea to put the examples on line.

Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.