two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Loïc GIROD Loïc GIROD

two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Hello all !

I wrote a script that can read binary files to draw curves from it.

I’ve copied the script in /bin directory of scilab on a windows computer and I have created a shortcut on the desktop with the following parameters found on Internet : "C:\Program Files\scilab-5.3.2\bin\Scilex.exe" -nw –f programme.sce. It alloy the user to run the script without loading the scilab graphic interface.

Regarding this, I have two questions :

1)      Do you know where I can find the signification of the parameters used –nw –f and if others exist ?

2)      Using this method, the script only executes once. Indeed, at the end of the script, the user must kill the process to stop it, come back to the desktop and run again the script thanks to the shortcut. Is there a way to add a menu which ask the user if he would like to quit the script or to execute it again ?

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

Loïc

Re: two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2011 à 14:21 +0200, Loïc GIROD a écrit :

> Hello all !
>

> I wrote a script that can read binary files to draw curves from it.
>
> I’ve copied the script in /bin directory of scilab on a windows
> computer and I have created a shortcut on the desktop with the
> following parameters found on Internet : "C:\Program Files
> \scilab-5.3.2\bin\Scilex.exe" -nw –f programme.sce. It alloy the user
> to run the script without loading the scilab graphic interface.
>

> Regarding this, I have two questions :
>
> 1)      Do you know where I can find the signification of the
> parameters used –nw –f and if others exist ?
See:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.2/en_US/scilab.html

> 2)      Using this method, the script only executes once. Indeed, at
> the end of the script, the user must kill the process to stop it, come
> back to the desktop and run again the script thanks to the shortcut.
> Is there a way to add a menu which ask the user if he would like to
> quit the script or to execute it again ?
You can manage that with some Scilab codes...

Sylvestre

Loïc GIROD Loïc GIROD

RE: two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Dear Sylvestre,

Many thanks for the help for the first point, it's good.
But for the second... I have thought about a "goto" function but not sure it's a good idea... Sorry but I get lost

Loïc

Le vendredi 01 juillet 2011 à 14:21 +0200, Loïc GIROD a écrit :

> Hello all !
>

> I wrote a script that can read binary files to draw curves from it.
>
> I’ve copied the script in /bin directory of scilab on a windows
> computer and I have created a shortcut on the desktop with the
> following parameters found on Internet : "C:\Program Files
> \scilab-5.3.2\bin\Scilex.exe" -nw –f programme.sce. It alloy the user
> to run the script without loading the scilab graphic interface.
>

> Regarding this, I have two questions :
>
> 1)      Do you know where I can find the signification of the
> parameters used –nw –f and if others exist ?
See:
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.3.2/en_US/scilab.html

> 2)      Using this method, the script only executes once. Indeed, at
> the end of the script, the user must kill the process to stop it, come
> back to the desktop and run again the script thanks to the shortcut.
> Is there a way to add a menu which ask the user if he would like to
> quit the script or to execute it again ?
You can manage that with some Scilab codes...

Sylvestre

Loïc GIROD Loïc GIROD

RE: two questions : batch mode parameters and creating a menu to execute again a script or exit

Dear all,

I succeeded to create a x_choose menu with two possibilities :
- quit scilab = it works well
- execute the script again = not working

With my very basic programming skills, I have tried to use a "goto - from" instruction (I've read on many forums that this seems to be a very bad thing...) but I get an error 34.

To put it in a nutshell, here is a sample of the script in this part :
___________
from test;
choix=x_choose([Draw a new curve';'Quit'],['Please choose an item'])

if choix==1 then GOTO test;
    else quit
end

Second question regarding this dialog box, I would like it to appear only in "second plane". Indeed, my script draws a curve and just after, the dialog box appears and I can't anymore interact with the graph. How can I do that ?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Loïc